New (to me) SEIW - seats...

Ben Viollet

Evening all

Just joined after taking delivery of new (to me) SEIW. Red top engine on twin 45s. 

2002 chassis but only quite recently finished and with just a few hundred miles on it - and fortunately a 17 plate. You may have seen it on eBay up in the North East. 

Always wanted one but at 6 5 and (not a lardy) 16 and a bit stone had to wait for a wide body. 

Very pleased with overall condition, paperwork etc. At a 36 inside leg you can guess the rest of the conversation. It’s very tight. Has some very comfortable and adjustable but very snug seats. 

I did a lot of searching but can’t find quite the answer I am looking for. 

Has anyone fitted the very thin (don’t need to adjust the seat - I am the only driver) Tillet type seats. I need every inch backwards and downwards to get totally comfortable. 

Looking forward to meeting up at the Hatton/Warwickshire meet in due course. 

Cheers

Edited by Ben Viollet
Typo

Welcome! Have a look at JK seats. They're pretty popular on here. I can't speak with experience as mine is still in build, but you're welcome to come and have a look/sit in mine. I'm only in Leamington so not far away from you. 

I use a set of seats from kitspares Ben, bolted straight to the floor. I put 20mm spacers under the front to cant the whole seat back which gives a lot more room. 

Hi Ben and :ww:

Hope to see you on the 20th from around 7.30pm. There may be cars there with shell style seats that you could try for size.

• Like 1

Thanks - will try and be there!

On 06/06/2019 at 21:03, Archibald Meatpants said:

I use a set of seats from kitspares Ben, bolted straight to the floor. I put 20mm spacers under the front to cant the whole seat back which gives a lot more room. 

Appreciate this - will take a good look 

On 06/06/2019 at 20:49, AndrewOBW said:

Welcome! Have a look at JK seats. They're pretty popular on here. I can't speak with experience as mine is still in build, but you're welcome to come and have a look/sit in mine. I'm only in Leamington so not far away from you. 

May well take you up on that most kind offer - keen to not get this wrong!

You may struggle for the perfect fit but you  should get somewhere close with some shell seats.

Mines got jk’s bolted straight to the floor which your welcome to try but I’m in Worcestershire.I’ll try & make the meet in the 20th, if all goes well the day before with my mapping session.

The other thing, have you got lowered floors?

• Like 1

Ben

Welcome. You will definitely find some extra inches especially if you can get in now. I'm 6'2" and my seat is a bit too far back now but I can cope. I have some pads to stick on to push me forward a bit. I don't know the make of the ones I brought second hand from eBay but may upgrade to JK now I know it works. 

HTH.

• Like 1

You rang @SootySport? :)

I've got Intatrim seats in my '98 SEW and have no issue driving mine.  The key is to bolt them to the floor otherwise you'll feel like you're sitting on top of the car instead of in it.

On 11/06/2019 at 23:04, Quinten said:

You rang @SootySport? :)

I've got Intatrim seats in my '98 SEW and have no issue driving mine.  The key is to bolt them to the floor otherwise you'll feel like you're sitting on top of the car instead of in it.

Sorry for slow responses - this is hugely useful - can you share a model number on the intratrim - I don’t have lowered floors 

I thought they were Oddysey II seats, but looking at other pictures, they must have been Endeavour instead.  I bought them in 2014, so unlikely still to be a current model.

2018-03-25 13.16.15.jpg

• Like 1

That's a very nice set up @Quinten ! Really useful info - I can now go and research a bit more throughly - appreciated.