First Track Day - Hampshire. Thruxton?

Tommo99

Hi all,

Looking to get out on the track for the first time in my Westfield.  I live in Winchester and don't have a trailer so will have to drive to and from the event, so as much as I'd love to get up to Anglesey or the like it might be a bit of a stretch for now.

Thruxton is my closest track but as it is a very fast track with long straights I am concerned that I will just be red lining my way around and therefore would be better off with a slow twisty track.  I am thinking it may be worth a trip to Castle Combe? 

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or even better know of any airfield type events in Hampshire or nearby?

Thanks!

Tom

Check noise regs, Thruxton is very tight apart from specific (and expensive!) 'noisy' days. Combe I haven't been but others enjoy it.

Most tracks listed here: http://www.trackdays.co.uk

Hi, Abingdon with Motorsport-Events is a great first track day within a short drive from you- lots of space to play. It used to be popular within Hants&Wilts area.

• Like 1

Thank you gents.  Abingdon looks fantastic, only problem is that it seems their trackday each month doesn't coincide with my time off work!  I'll keep an eye out for more dates coming up.

Combe is good fun and easy to learn, not a great deal of run off though. 

Thruxton is 90db's, my silencer is a big one and I still blow 96. Any westy is going to struggle I think

• 2 months later...

Not yet; I haven't had a weekday off since I posted this but I have some holiday coming up so will see if I can make something happen!  I quite fancy a road trip too... I'll be out in the car either way :)