Favourite album of all time...

GaryD1971

Anything from the 80s,as i used to drink in duran duran's local pub and Depeche mode in the 80s ,also Alison moyet used to turn up for her beer,

blue Monday, don't go, amongst others rock on,

Duran-depeche-mode.jpg

• 8 months later...

I've just been taking a chill out break from sitting at the computer working....

Wouldn't say a favourite album, but arrived in the post yesterday and on first listen it's a good 'proper' Long Player / Album that pulls you along a story that captures you from start to finish. Demands listening to as a whole piece, not a jumble of unrelated tracks.

20200218_120956.thumb.jpg.c4aae1f12ef9b9ec83d28b424e0a19d3.jpg20200218_121734.thumb.jpg.947c14ab9ff81c4ba623f039195d95a0.jpg

.... this album brought this thread back into my thoughts so here you are!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

I've just been taking a chill out break from sitting at the computer working....

Wouldn't say a favourite album, but arrived in the post yesterday and on first listen it's a good 'proper' Long Player / Album that pulls you along a story that captures you from start to finish. Demands listening to as a whole piece, not a jumble of unrelated tracks.

20200218_120956.thumb.jpg.c4aae1f12ef9b9ec83d28b424e0a19d3.jpg20200218_121734.thumb.jpg.947c14ab9ff81c4ba623f039195d95a0.jpg

.... this album brought this thread back into my thoughts so here you are!

Good call. 👍

Best albums - Floyd (Animals, Dark Side and The Wall), Dire Straits (Love over Gold), Queen, Adele 19, Peter Gabriel, Foreigner 4. 

Best live - Floyd The Wall. Brilliant concept album. 1981 and 1985 in Earls Court. Roger Waters in 2016 with the updated high tech version.  Dire Straits anniversary gig in Bridlington Spa in about 1980 on the tour which ended with several sell out Wembley gigs. Queen with Adam Lambert in 2018. 

Worst concert - absolutely no doubt - Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells. Wembley Arena and the sound quality was atrocious. Second worst is a toss up between The Beech Boys at Knebworth or Rolling Stones at Wembley Stadium. 

Most educational - Alice Cooper at Hammersmith Odeon. High just on the smell on the way in. 

21 minutes ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Best albums - Floyd (Animals, Dark Side and The Wall) 

How can you possibly not include ‘wish you were here’?

26 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Yep. Should have done really. 😀

10 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

9 hours ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Yep. Should have done really. 😀

Floyd definitely knew how to put an album together.

22 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

Floyd definitely knew how to put an album together.

I admire any artist or group who is ground breaking and definitely Floyd did that. 
I worked on David Gilmours sound studio on his boat in Twickenham. Nice bloke. 
One of my many claims to fame and a good name to drop in a dinner conversation 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Brothers in Arms- Dire Straits

Yep.

One of my best favourites too...

However,

I listen such an array of different styles and ages... that if I was forced to choose one, I wouldn't be able to do so.

I would only settle for a single album that had Something from metallica, nirvana, oasis, Foo Fighters, Clapton, hendrix, Free, Tina Turner, Phill collins, Mark Knofler, radiohead, Muse, Toto, Supertramp, led zeppelin, and many many others I really need in my mood depending playlists...

12 hours ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Brothers in Arms- Dire Straits

I've always preferred Making Movies. 

Favourite album of the moment is one my son bought me for Christmas. Only got round to listening to it this week and I never thought I was in to musical theatre, but I love this. 

The Book of Mormon. Don't listen to it if you're easily offended.