Blyton Sprint Classes

Marto303

@Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary & @John

I take your points, though the other championship is just for fun. 

You are of course reducing our classes enjoyment of the weekend by splitting us all up and taking away any chance of a class award. I give entry some thought but to say I’m disheartened is an understatement. 

Marto

• Like 1

There are only 3 drivers in class D this year

3 hours ago, Marto303 said:

@Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary & @John

I take your points, though the other championship is just for fun. 

You are of course reducing our classes enjoyment of the weekend by splitting us all up and taking away any chance of a class award. I give entry some thought but to say I’m disheartened is an understatement. 

Marto

Martin

Don't be disheartened. Take on the challenge of seeing how close you can get whilst still scoring good points for D. Your scores thus far are good and you have a good chance this year. Think of the bigger picture. I won the championship from class E in similar circumstances.

John

• Like 1

Marto please retain your dignity!

I need you at the event to help me!

If they can't use Westfield classes as other clubs do, at our own flagship event then the demise of the SS is closer than even I had estimated!

Hopefully common sense and continued enjoyment will prevail!

Glutey

• Confused 1

Martin, my class on the day (class 3H) puts my 1000cc blade against any bike engined cars such as hayabusas up to 1600cc or turbo charged BEC cars etc . 

I've been running in 3G for last few years because of the tyre situation.  It can be fun (challenging?) trying to get close to the times of the slick shod cars, but of course it's not just the tyres that are different so not really a level playing field. In the end it can get dispiriting and this is one of the reasons I've changed to 1b tyres this year and am continuing with the synchro box for now.

On the subject of classes for our event, I support the SSOTs decision to run just the MSA classes.  I always thought it a bit strange having MSA classes and Speed Series classes separate from each other on the day. I understand the reason for having our own classes and I know the L7 club do that, but it divided up the field into so many small classes and you'd be cross referencing all day to see how you were doing against the non-Speed Series equivalent class. I also felt it seemed a bit excluding of competitors outside of the Speed Series - distancing ourselves and creating an us-and-them atmosphere.  I always get offended when other clubs lump all the Speed Series competitors into one class on our own. I don't think not having SS specific classes at our event dilutes the Championship any.  Better to be inclusive. Aren't we supposed to be the Friendly Championship?  

• Like 1

Nice summary Howard.