Sign in to follow this  
SimonRad

Gearbox draining help

SimonRad

I’m struggling to see how I drain the oil from my gearbox.

Its a Quaife 4 speed dog box, I’ve spoken to Quaife and it sounds like because I’ve got the cast steel casing, the casing is original ford with Quaife bits inside. I think that’s what he means.

But there is no drain plug anywhere. The last time I drained it the box was out the car, I don’t want to take it out just for an oil change really.

What do others do? Do you think I could syringe in out?

Any help would be great 

Si

neptune

You could you a Peli pump through the filler hole. You may not get as much out as if the box was removed from the car. Because the peli has a long pipe you can insert it deep into the box andcas it provides suction it works really well and with fery little effort or mess.

If you plan to change your oil regularly, there is a drain plug section that can be fitted to the gearbox.

SimonRad

Thank you, I’ll try that