I will get it on the road (13 years after buying it!)

Sam-Kit car dreams

I'd be inclined to have a good look over all the rubber bits, like pipe and bushes, likely they might have decayed quite a bit?

If it were me I'd change out all the fluids and poss do a flush on the cooling system, just to get any crap out of the system before you consider actually running the engine.#

Nice to see another Westfield coming back to life :westy:

Might find the caliper pistons have rusted, which could cause some issues and did on mine after 8 years SORN.

21 hours ago, BugMan said:

I'd be inclined to have a good look over all the rubber bits, like pipe and bushes, likely they might have decayed quite a bit?

If it were me I'd change out all the fluids and poss do a flush on the cooling system, just to get any crap out of the system before you consider actually running the engine.#

Checking rubber components is not a bad shout. Wouldn't stop me firing it up and driving the length of the cul-de-sac, but brakes and fuse hoses obviously fairly critical, coolant for any longer trip. Rubber bushes very unlikely to cause and issues between here and MOT unless super obviously awful the exhaust bobbin handing off but might reduce handling. 

9 hours ago, Lyonspride said:

Might find the caliper pistons have rusted, which could cause some issues and did on mine after 8 years SORN.

Also valid. Might free off with a but of working them, else i got mine referbished by BiggRed with stainless pistons which seems to have helped intermittent use. Brake fluid change at this point if not before. 

Daniel

11 hours ago, Lyonspride said:

The brake pedal does feel a bit vague so that is on the list to look at. 

23 hours ago, BugMan said:

Added to my list 👍