Garage Clearout

stephenh

So, anyone want a quantity of neoprene dense foam sheet, or a Silverline noise meter? Open to offers, before I take them to the tip.

5 hours ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

Was just about to go after the plug! Hopefully i can borrow it should the inevitable happen. 

I'll 3d print you one if you want - just used mine the other day! (note, might be after I get back from the states)

10 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I'll 3d print you one if you want - just used mine the other day! (note, might be after I get back from the states)

Awesome thanks Chris!

1 hour ago, stephenh said:

Simon, the gearbox plug is yours. We just need to find out when we are next likely to meet.

No problem I'm sure we will bump into each other soon. 

So I've still got the sheet of neoprene thin dense foam, and the Silverline sound check meter. Anyone want them before they go to the tip? 

I've also got (not mentioned before) a bottle of Turtlewax Magic Colour, red, nearly full. Personally I find it  works really well for getting a good shine and colour into gel coat after you've washed it, but I don't have a red car anymore, and not likely to have in the foreseeable future. Free to anyone who wants to chuck a bit of silver into the Derby area charity bucket. I think it costs over £10 and I've used less than 10%, so enough to last a lifetime! Easiest to deliver if it's someone who is either in the Speed Series, or is involved with the Derby area, or in Julie's North Derbyshire  mob.

Is the foam thick enough for a bit of knee and elbow protection?

The trolley jack is going to Quinten subject to payment and collection.

The foam could make a pad for knees or elbows, a bit thin for that, but then I haven't tried it for that. I used it partly for sound damping in the pontoons on my XI and partly to make a flexible gasket under the differential on my XI where I cut a hole in the floor at the back to allow some droop in the suspension.

I’ll skip it then Stephen and get some thicker stuff. Thanks!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.