Garage Clearout

stephenh

Now that I no longer have a Westfield, or any kitcar, I have a few items which may be of use to someone but are no longer wanted by me. I'm open to sensible offers, but my prices indicate what I believe are bargain prices. Apart from the trolley jack, the rest if it doesn't sell goes down to our local waste recycling centre, only 5 minutes drive from me. So I don't really want to be bothered posting/organising carriage for these things. Either collect from me (Near Uttoxeter, Staffordshire) or I can deliver to a round of the Westfield Speed Series by prior arrangement.

Clarke "strong arm" lightweight aluminium trolley jack. These are rated at 1.25 tonnes, although in all honesty I think they are strained lifting anything heavier than a very small saloon or a light sports car. They are however ideal for a kitcar, and can easily be lifted in and out of a car. They seem to be £135 new on Amazon at the moment, but I'd be very happy with £50. SOLD.

I also have 4 2tonne axle stands. How about £12 for all 4, or I'll split into pairs. SOLD.

Also a pair of steel fabricated ramps. No idea what they are worth, how about £10? SOLD.

IMGP6388.JPG

IMGP6389.JPG

I'll take the jack if you can hold on to it for a few weeks (can pay now)

Ignore me, I got my dates wrong and I'm not going to be your way for a while. Sorry.

I'd like the jack please.  Can possibly collect as well.  Will PM you

I also have a part sheet on neoprene foam. It hasn't photo'd very well because of bright sunlight, so I'll describe it instead. This is a sheet about 1metre by half a metre, of dark grey coloured neoprene foam, which is about 2.5mm. thick, and has a sticky back, so it can be used, for example, to damp sound resonation from a metal panel. I can't remember what this cost, so I'll quote a price when I've checked, or you can make me an offer in the meantime.

OK Quinten. I'll reply to yuor pm shortly.

Looks like I undervalued it!!

Lastly for now, I have a plug machined from polypropylene which is a snug sliding fit into the back of a Ford type 9 gearbox. This is invaluable when installing or removing the engine and gearbox from a car. It stops the oil from leaking out! I can't really charge for this as I had it free from Steve Perks, so I'll give first refusal to any member signed up to the Speed Series, who agrees to make a donation to the Derby area charity appeal this year, and it can be delivered to Blyton, or maybe a round of the Speed Series before then.

IMGP6392.JPG

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stephenh said:

Lastly for now, I have a plug machined from polypropylene which is a snug sliding fit into the back of a Ford type 9 gearbox. This is invaluable when installing or removing the engine and gearbox from a car. It stops the oil from leaking out! I can't really charge for this as I had it free from Steve Perks, so I'll give first refusal to any member signed up to the Speed Series, who agrees to make a donation to the Derby area charity appeal this year, and it can be delivered to Blyton, or maybe a round of the Speed Series before then.

IMGP6392.JPG

Yes please will collect at Blyton and will chuck some cash in the bucket

Cheers

Was just about to go after the plug! Hopefully i can borrow it should the inevitable happen. 

Simon, the gearbox sealing plug is yours. Not sure if there are any more days at Curborough to get it into your hands quicker? Anyway, I've just got to try and remember to take it with me whenever I go to any event connected with WSCC!

2 hours ago, stephenh said:

Simon, the gearbox sealing plug is yours. Not sure if there are any more days at Curborough to get it into your hands quicker? Anyway, I've just got to try and remember to take it with me whenever I go to any event connected with WSCC!

I am at Curborough again on Sunday 9th June if you are both swinging by

• Like 1

I'll buy the axle stands and ramps.. thanks Trev

You are welcome, Trev. I'll pm you so we can agree what we will do regarding payment and delivery.

46 minutes ago, John said:

I am at Curborough again on Sunday 9th June if you are both swinging by

I'm at Prescott on 9th. June, sorry, driving my XKR up the hill! Not competitive, I hasten to add, but as a guest of the E-Type owners in the Jaguar Drivers' Club. Mind you, I'll be trying to make sure that my XKR is quicker than the E types up the hill!!

• Like 1

Simon, the gearbox plug is yours. We just need to find out when we are next likely to meet.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.