Buttercups new paint.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

That's really nice Geoffrey.

Hope your bonnet clips stay as shiny as mine this time!!!!!😁

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, David-hrv said:

That's really nice Geoffrey.

Hope your bonnet clips stay as shiny as mine this time!!!!!😁

The ones that are on where new ones and now they look terrible if I am honest.

I think you should do a write up for the magazine on how you keep yours looking like  you do, or at least tell me.

2 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

The ones that are on where new ones and now they look terrible if I am honest.

I think you should do a write up for the magazine on how you keep yours looking like  you do, or at least tell me.

Well, short story long, I will finally reveal the secret.

Years ago, I had the same problem of tarnished catches. After scratching my head for several seconds, I decided to approach NASA to help find a solution. A government fund of $7million was awarded to help with the research. I worked closely with the scientists to try to solve the dilemma, and after 7 years of painstaking (sometimes heartbreaking and frustrating) experimentation, we came upon a solution to the problem, and as a byproduct, to this day, is used daily on the ISS to help maintain its lustrous protective finish.

You will not believe the final result of our joint research. It will astound you, and I will now reveal the outcome. But, even now, after every trip, the bonnet catches have to be very carefully removed and each subjected to 7 hours of meticulous cleaning under clean laboratory conditions to preserve the finish.

Are you ready for this?

Wipe with spray wax now and again!

Enjoy Switzerland, and I wish we could join you on the trip.

David

• Like 1
  • Haha 3