offset question

b16gnr

I posted on here a while ago about my chrome wheels flaking, i cannot find anyone who can fix the chrome so the best i can do is get them all stripped and coated for £80 a corner. so this gives me the chance to get a second hand set (the tyres are brand new) but i cant find any with the same offset which i believe is standard westfield?

my question is which way around is the difference ie if the offset is bigger than the +38 (which i believe it to be), will that make the wheel stick out further or in closer to the car?

this might seem like a daft question but i don't want to buy a set only to find they wont fit particularly on the front as the arches are close to the wheels!

thanks

wayne 

Hopefully this will help

On 01/01/2014 at 14:09, Captain Colonial said:

Another helpful link for those changing wheel size:

https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Note that earlier alloys often had their offset stamped as "E" instead of "ET" for some reason - if yours has something like E20, that's likely to be its offset, but regardless of "E" or "ET", always measure, do not assume!

Fun fact: ET is the short form of the German word 'Einpresstiefe' which literally translates as 'insertion depth'.

2 minutes ago, KenP said:

Hopefully this will help

thanks Ken, that is very useful 

1 hour ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

This site also useful

https://www.willtheyfit.com/

thanks that is handy to see the graphic of the wheel, so in a nutshell the lower the et the further the wheel sticks out, 

Remember that the width of the rims needs too be taken INTO  account in any calculations

Just now, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Remember that the width of the rims needs too be taken I toileting account in any calculations

Posting on the loo Terry?

• Haha 1

whoops...now edited