DON'T LET ISA DRIVE YOU OFF THE ROAD!

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

DON'T LET ISA DRIVE YOU OFF THE ROAD!

It is scheduled to be rolled out in 2022 unless public opinion forces a rethink.If you disagree, please sign this and encourage as many other people you know to also sign.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/251938/

• Like 1

Done.

• Thanks 1

Would advise reading into this one a little more personally. This came up a while ago, and when I dug into it, from my perspective the reports about what it entails are mostly scaremongering. It's more about making features which are widely available on modern cars already standard fit in the future. Not massive changes. 

It's an attempt to get pay per mile in via a back door, once ISA is mandatory.....but always willing to listen to other opinions to @AndrewOBW Anything you can share a link to with the other view? I accept big brother systems are inevitable, however they need to be properly though out, tested and not just sprung on for purely polictical games etc.

2 hours ago, neptune said:

What is ISA ?

https://etsc.eu/intelligent-speed-assistance-isa/

Interesting FAQ here where it says the technology can be overidden by pressing harder on the accelerator...

And the system can be switched off. Bit of a pain but this is like stop start which has to be manually switched of each time, which I do when I drive cars with stop/start technology 'cos there is something about it that I just can't get my head around...

ETSC also supports a full on/off switch for the system, to aid public acceptance at introduction. However the system should be on by default and any temporary switched off state should remain only until the vehicle is restarted.  Switching off the system should require the user to hold down the button for several seconds to avoid accidental switch off.

Done! Mind you, my cars are from the ark so no fear of electronic fiddling there. 🙄

Done, although we're not going to be in the EU soon......as we voted as a nation to leave........and we're just waiting for the politicians to swim to the shallow end of the EU gravy train, Jump out, have a shower then go home.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Blatman said:

to aid public acceptance at introduction. 

That says to me it will be permanent after a introduction period ???

• Like 3

Getting the requisite electronics on the cars is the hard bit. Disabling opt out settings then just becomes a software update.

As said though, the real reason behind a lot of this, I suspect, and the key reason the government is keen to push on regardless of EU membership, is once again, the electronics and core programming contain requisites for road pricing on a per car, per journey basis.

28 minutes ago, CosKev said:

That says to me it will be permanent after a introduction period ???

Aye, very true.

From that link
"The changes proposed by the EU modify the way a vehicle drives so drastically that I believe everyone would need to re-take a modernized driving test which of course nobody wants to do"

It'll never happen.

There are plenty of people who shouldn't be on the roads, who don't know the laws or who make up their own highway code and attempt to enforce it on others.

The solution is always to pander to these fools instead of removing them from our roads, the reducing speed limits to 40, because of people who can't do 60 or simply don't know what the NSL is. Still they have not changed the highway code to make "merge in turn" rules more clear and apparent, it's still a subject they skip around, they still allow people to drive around wrongly and aggressively blocking merge points.
I don't know why they're so opposed to driver improvement, but I don't think they'll be making us take a new driving test any time soon.

• Like 1