Peak District Run Out, Sun 12th May, DRY FORECAST

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

ok yov fon me out

I niked it from café 

put my hands up😟 please don't grass me up

Julie, Glenn Nigel, and Andrew thanks for being so welcoming when a random Westfield turns up to join the fun.:d:yes:

Take note anyone else that decides to join in the peaks trips be prepared for the initiation process!!  I was forced to have two cakes, every newbie has to have two cakes that's what you all said!!! Oh, and on the first stop of the day I had to have an all day breakfast whilst you all had a salad! If that wasn't enough I arrived home at 5:15 and walked into a roast beef dinner.

Thanks for the advice Julie on a route home, my reply was no worries I will just hit the home button on the sat nav whilst avoiding the motorway and major routes, good plan shocking initial outcome. We often talk of ground clearances with a Westfield well I needed it, gravel tracks and eventually a ford that I could have swam in! :bangshead:  Sat nav preferences adjusted and back on to at least single track!! Well it kept me out a little longer in the sun and I found even more twisty roads...

Still cant get over how slow the motorbikes were! Motorbikes never hold you up, well they all did today..

Thanks Again all...

IMG_3603.JPG

IMG_3606.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I knew it was going to be a good day. Music on. I have over 170 albums on my phone so probably well over 2000 tracks. First one Bohemian Rhapsody - what a start. Sorry neighbours for the bad singing if you could hear me over the engine at 7.30 on a Sunday morning!  Then came Stairway to Heaven, Hotel California, Comfortaby Numb, and then Come with Me by Jimmy Page /Puff Diddy. Five of the best tracks all in a row on a random play. Fantastic. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AndrewBClarke said:

... Sorry neighbours for the bad singing if you could hear me over the engine at 7.30 on a Sunday morning!

Thought I heard something at 7:30.

ZZ Top works for me.

1 hour ago, AndrewBClarke said:

I knew it was going to be a good day. Music on. I have over 170 albums on my phone so probably well over 2000 tracks. First one Bohemian Rhapsody - what a start. Sorry neighbours for the bad singing if you could hear me over the engine at 7.30 on a Sunday morning!  Then came Stairway to Heaven, Hotel California, Comfortaby Numb, and then Come with Me by Jimmy Page /Puff Diddy. Five of the best tracks all in a row on a random play. Fantastic. 

I can't beleive you listen to music in your Westie given the lovely V8 sound track you've got !

• Like 1

My first group run of 2019 - Considering the modest numbers, it was a great day yesterday (apart from the unbelievably slow motorbikes - 35-40mph on NSL roads - what a waste...)

Anyway - great to see another newbie to the posse - it means I'm not the newbie now! "TwoCakesMike" is going to stick...🍩🍰

I'm pretty sure I've never driven directly behind Andrew's SEight before - that was a pleasurable education :yes:

Great roads, very dry (although a bit bumpy in places). One thing not mentioned so far is that whilst Julie managed to avoid cow crap on the roads, she still managed to seek it out being sprayed all over a field 🤢

Looking forward to the next one now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3