Peak District Run Out, Sun 12th May, DRY FORECAST

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Sainsbury's Matlock at 10.30am for a run around somewhere that I will make up very soon. There will be lunch along the way and some sooper dooper roads to be had. Weather is forecast DRY DRY DRY so who is coming?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Meet at Sainsbury's Matlock at 10.30am for a run around somewhere that I will make up very soon. There will be lunch along the way and some sooper dooper roads to be had. Weather is forecast DRY DRY DRY so who is coming?

Julie, you are tempting fate with a statement like that!

Would love to join you, but given the joint birthday celebrations, i would be shot!

Andy

calling all members - has anyone got a Kevlar vest that @Greenstreak-Andy D can borrow? :d

Happy birthday to whoever has a birthday and enjoy the cake

• Haha 1

Unfortunately, I cannot make the Sunday run due to a prior commitment. I'm going to head out into the Peaks today and, hopefully, dodge the showers.

• Sad 1

Sorry we can't make this due to prior commitments too. Hope you all have a dry and enjoyable drive with the obligatory cake!

• Sad 1

The temptation is simply too great. Coming!!!  Food, cake, good company, driving Little Beast - what could be better? Ohh. Good weather would cap it all off nicely please. :)

• Like 1

Good weather is forecast, so I ought to sort a route out didn't I? Avoid Chatsworth is the first rule because it's the horse trials.

ABC, we will see you at ours 10am and @NigelO, see you at Sainsbury's? 10.30am

• Like 1

Morning all, will be on my way too this morning.

Give me ten mins if I get lost!

Regards Mike

• Like 2

Can someone please explain to me why I bothered sorting a route out last night. I thought we would go a whack round and finish up at Willersley Castle, until there was 4-way traffic lights at Cromford, so we just made it up today and it was no less of a day for it, just a bit of a strange route.

We met at Sainsbury's, Andrew, Nigel and a newcomer, Mike. 3 Zetecs so guess what was the main topic of the day.

DSC07992.JPG

We set off on a circular route, at one time doing 40mph in a 50mph zone behind some motorbikes, slower round the bends, que? thankfully they were going straight on as we turned off along some more twisties. Eventually we hit the traffic jam and after a couple of minutes it became apparent that we were in for a long wait, there simply is no other way to get to Willersley Castle, so we abandoned that for another day, did a 3 point turn and went to the Stone Centre for lunch instead. The great thing about the road to nowhere is that it can turn into the road to anywhere that suits the moment.

Bonnets Off at the Stone Centre

DSC07994.JPG

Nigel makes me laugh, a very straight talking bloke, he sorted us out with a great suggestion on a route for the afternoon. It's a good job he did because as I didn't think anyone was coming, I hadn't set a route for the afternoon. So with the plan sorted we set off on some lovely, scenic roads, nice and twisty and much better when you are not following yet another slow motorbike. What is it with the motorbikes today? Twist the throttle pleeeease.

In the sun

DSC07998.JPG

And in the lush green shades. Mike was the rear car and had his lights on, now there is a good idea! made my job so much easier

DSC08001.JPG

We arrived at Wetton, it was a first for everyone and I think it is safe to say they were all impressed with the choice of cakes, homemade by the lady that served you.

The car park was full when we arrived, so we parked on the lane.

DSC08014.JPG

DSC08017.JPG

You know by now what comes next, a monkeys tea party, but just a minute, there seems to be 6 cakes. Yes, 6  cakes and 5 people, but the best is yet to come. Mike underestimated the size of the portions and found that he couldn't finish the second piece, oh what a shame, but he was in good company as Andrew and I shared the scraps.

DSC08019.JPG

Bakewell cake, almond flavoured with cherries plus Victoria sponge cake. Even a tea cosy on the tea pot, how very quaint.

DSC08020.JPG

Mike2cakes, fitting in very, very well. That carrot cake was delicious too.

DSC08022.JPG

The car park had emptied and a beautiful, black Morgan adorned our view. We later found out that it housed a V6 engine, it was eerily quiet. I called Nigel over to show me how to take a better photograph and he took time out to teach me, of which I am grateful for. 

DSC08024.JPG

What do you think, it is a much better photo than I had taken. Next minute I am sat on the floor for this one, well worth it though.

DSC08025.JPG

As we went to pay our bills the lady informed us that Mike had already paid. What an amazing guy, fun, friendly and generous too. There has been a lovely crew out today, full of knowledge, good drivers in good cars, what a great car club to bring us all together, I can't wait to see you all again. 

• Like 4

Bonnets off at the stone centre! Been there done that:down: glad you had a great day and the sun was shining for you, see you soon luv Andy and Becky ps has my fuel evaporated yet?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

the Barnsley boys went out            well des and debs john and Jacky

we had a run out to Friday Thorpe near to Bridlington what a grand day      got sun burnt on head

we could not afford any cake and buns and shared a coffee  between us 

picture of glen eating  cake again

last time I saw him at Stoneleigh he was eating cake

your going to need more horsepower to lug him around 

hope you all had a great day like we had

now going home for a bread and butter sarni  well there's no butter

thanks john

20190512_213735.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Barnsley John we just don't believe you!

You slipped up and used posh bread, that right expensive seeded stuff!!

I bet that's your side plate with a bit of bread to mop up after your fillet steak.....:d

• Like 2
  • Haha 1