NeilL

Neil Levings

Hello all. Just a post to make myself known. A bit of a petrolhead for the last 55 years I am so very lucky to have been able to indulge in many sports cars over the years. Mostly my own - but a few I managed to persuade various companies to buy as a company car! Mainly during the indulgent 80s!

I had a Westfield in 1989-92 a 1700 big valve xflow SE. I had this car race prepped for Hillclimbs and sprints .... Prescott, Loton, Harwood,Curborough etc. 

Bitten by this bug I then went single seater for three seasons in a 500cc and then an 1100cc Jedi. Wonderful times - but I overdid the meetings and my  wife gave me an ultimatum ..it’s me or the car. What a close call that was!! 

I then rode bikes for very many years - a stable of fast road right through to vintage! This led me to a Morgan 3 - modern version.

Another dream come true - but sadly this car was launched with little development and proved to be a disaster! But the Morgan’s link persisted and I had a few four wheelers.

Now back full circle to the idea of a Westfield.

It was great to see so many at last weekends Stoneleigh show. Very impressed with the current build quality of the cars on display.

So...what to buy?

Now at 70 my thinking is a moderate powered car. For touring, club meets/ tours/ events/local runs. So, 2l Zetec? My budget is £10-12k and am hoping to get a nice car for this. I am a fussy ###@&*** so must be a car in excellent condition. 

Any advice, thoughts , guidance would be welcome.

cheers and thanks for reading - if you got this far!

Neil:))))

ps I live in S Warks

• Like 2

:ww: from Essex.

I'm sure someone local to you will be along soon, with meet info, etc.

welcome from north Buckinghamshire... good choice for the right reasons, see you on the road!

:yellow-westy:

Jude

:ww: from sunny Somerset. Best of luck with your search for a new toy!

Welcome - there was an immaculate megablade outside the WSCC tent at Stoneleigh for sale in orange, might be a bit OTT for you if you are after something moderate.

Have a good browse of the "Westfields for Sale" section :-) 

Hi @Neil Levings and :ww:

Hope to see you at Warwickshire Area meetings, next one on Thursday 16th May at The Falcon, Birmingham Rd, Hatton, around 7.30pm.

Also have you seen Steve's car for sale, slightly over budget but an excellent car that we know well.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club and hopefully meet you at the Falcon Inn this Thursday.

Also, if you not busy we also have got Curborough Booked on Friday 17th May so there will be plenty of Westfields and their owners there. I'm sure if you bring a helmet they will be more than willing to take you round as a passenger.

I'm based in Tamworth ( just over the border into Staffordshire ) so if you are interested in having a look at mine thats for sale please give me a call 0780 1055 717 and pop over.

Regards,

Steve