Longevity of a Westfield

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Thinking of buying a new Westfield/Kit? not sure if the money that you are investing in it will be protected? well have no fear, these cars live on.

My Westfield has been up on the ramps at my local garage today for the MOT, so I took the rare opportunity to photograph the underneath of it and I was very impressed. My car is 16 years old and has travelled over 50,000 miles, in all seasons including on salty roads. Glen wipes it clean with a cloth soaked in WD40 and follows it up with by wiping it over with a cloth soaked in ACF50. Any rust spots that appear are treated with De-Rust and painted in Hammerite. 

With no rusting wheel arches to worry about and a modern engine under the bonnet you can own an unusual car without the issues that a classic car may bring. I believe the value of my car is slightly more than what I paid for it 5 years ago and apart from an initial set up spend at Northampton Motor Sport it runs economically.

The MOT was passed with no advisories and the certificate shows this years mileage to be 7271 miles. Buy with confidence, these are just the best and most amazing cars.

Stoneleigh.jpg

20190507_152855.jpg

20190507_152931.jpg

20190507_152959.jpg

• Like 9

Blimey Julie. Glen is an absolute legend. That is impressive!!

• Like 2

I was speaking to Julian Turner during the hog roast fest at the weekend and the Westfield drift cars hold the world record for the most 'donuts'  performed by a vehicle ,an amazing statistic for the little car :yes:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marcusb said:

I was speaking to Julian Turner during the hog roast fest at the weekend and the Westfield drift cars hold the world record for the most 'donuts'  performed by a vehicle ,an amazing statistic for the little car :yes:

It's true - spin was so powerful it moved Silverstone to another county.

donuts

So its your car, and Glen is responsible for cleaning it!

Glen is lucky 😉

30 minutes ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - North London AO said:

So its your car

yes remember that, Glen has the group howling with laughter when I refer to 'my' car, especially when we move on to talk about the MX5, which also seems to be 'my' car :oops: but at least I do all the cleaning on the MX5

Good idea @marcusb. Your words are very kind.

• Haha 1

Had mine in for MOT yesterday  

The tester asked how often I  polished the car underneath as he was amazed at the condition , he was surprised when I told him I never polished underneath but did give the front suspension a wipe over if it ever got wet .

Mileage was 16133 

Not bad going for a 15 year old ( the Wessy not me ) :rolleyes: 

7 hours ago, pistonbroke said:

Had mine in for MOT yesterday  

The tester asked how often I  polished the car underneath as he was amazed at the condition , he was surprised when I told him I never polished underneath but did give the front suspension a wipe over if it ever got wet .

Mileage was 16133 

Not bad going for a 15 year old ( the Wessy not me ) :rolleyes: 

I've had similar with my 94 sei, even with a crossflow it's pretty spotless under there.