Personal Breakdown Insurance

CraigHew

Just taken out 12 months cover with AutoAid.

They seem to have a promotional price for new business.

£48.31 to cover me driving any car (taxed, insured and mot'd)  So that's the Westfield, my Pick-up Truck the wife's car etc

Full UK cover, usual roadside assist, home assistance and full UK recovery anywhere to 1 destination.

Free cover for legal spouse (or the equivalent in same-sex stuff) again for any car she/he is driving

Recovery also includes caravan (or a 3 metre trailer) which will be useful for my circumstances

I've never had personal cover before, we have something through our bank account. For this (introductory price) is seems decent value.

Just thought it was worth a mention.....

• Like 3

And I can vouch for the service as well.  I've been recovered twice with them, and both times it was within a reasonable time frame and without issues to get the Westfield on the low-loader...  as long as you mention that your car is a kit car and needs a special vehicle!

• Like 1

Another recommendation for them from me.

Called them out in the past and received excellent service.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Quinten said:

And I can vouch for the service as well.  I've been recovered twice with them, and both times it was within a reasonable time frame and without issues to get the Westfield on the low-loader...  as long as you mention that your car is a kit car and needs a special vehicle!

11 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Another recommendation for them from me.

Called them out in the past and received excellent service.

And these are the two most important posts! - how the service actually works! They sound decent. 👍

I used them when my throttle cable snapped leaving Stoneleigh last year.  They were there in less than 40 mins and took me and the Westy home no bother..

Oh, and in case anyone is procrastinating, the price goes up to £60 next Tuesday

I also have AutoAid but so far have only used them on the wife's Qashqai. They were good, arrived in under an hour and got the car running so we could get home (and found the root problem to fix).

Didn't realise the price was going up, my renewal can't be far off as I got it shortly after getting my Westfield.

I use GEM Motor Assist - covers both me and the mrs on any vehicle we are driving, car, bike etc.

I have the full package, with home start, onward travel, accommodation etc.

Never had an issue with them, but are a lot more expensive at around £110 per year.

Jeez, the AA have just offered a “free” upgrade to silver membership - one, yes one free days European cover, and cover for up to three seventeen year old children in their own or friends cars. I have no kids, and I’m going abroad (driving) for a week. Oh and without the hundred pound joining discount this year, they want circa £240!! They can whistle!

I went back to the AA last time, as A Plan had to cover individual vehicles, so was just cheaper. This is way dearer than covering each of my cars separately, though to be fair, doesn’t include an any car option for when I’m passengering.

Will look at Auto Aid Though as well as A Plan.

I'm with Auto Aid and have used them twice for the old tin top and the service was good.  I have to take out 2 policies because I'm not married to my partner (blush) but it is still a lot cheaper than the RAC - 2 x £48 versus £176.  When I queried the RAC price, they immediately offered to reduce it but I can't be doing with that and I saw Auto Aid being recommended on this site and went with them.

I’m also with autoaid and have had to call them. No stupid roadside membership bureaucracy.  Great service and half the cost of aa or rac.

• Like 2

I think that’s made the decision then!

6 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I think that’s made the decision then!

Booked 12 months personal cover, note the offer for roughly £48/twelve months finishes midnight on the fourteenth of May, then it goes up a little bit, (still below £60 though, if memory serves)

• Like 1

Used them getting to Stoneleigh last weekend. Initially they wanted to recover us back to Glasgow from Manchester but gave us some time to sort a few things and get back to them. They were happy to recover us to our onward destination where we could do repairs (cheaper for them anyway).

Only hassles we had, and this could be with any recovery/roadside repair company, was a) even though the V5 says Westfield, their system said 'Other British Make'  which was too vague for them, and b) we had registered it the day before and their system showed it still as sorned (they wouldn't uplift), luckily we reg'd it online so there was an email confirmation we could forward as proof. Sorting these two in a busy M6 services chewed up time.

On 09/05/2019 at 11:19, mikef said:

I'm with Auto Aid and have used them twice for the old tin top and the service was good.  I have to take out 2 policies because I'm not married to my partner (blush) but it is still a lot cheaper than the RAC - 2 x £48 versus £176.  When I queried the RAC price, they immediately offered to reduce it but I can't be doing with that and I saw Auto Aid being recommended on this site and went with them.

Mike ,my son enquired about this last week when he joined auto-aid.he also is not married to his partner .The bloke on the phone told him if he could prove they both live at the same address it was ok .He emailed them a council tax bill with both their names on it as requested and received an email back with both their details on it as covered .Exactly the same email confirmation  as mine for me and the wife .

• Like 1

DB - Thanks for that.  When I first joined they were adamant that we had to be married and the magic word is "spouse" and, obviously, I do not have a spouse.  They know we both live at the same address since all the paperwork has us at the same address with the same email etc.  When it's due for renewal, I will certainly challenge them on the matter and see what happens.  Fingers crossed.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.