Knockhill 7th/8th Sept Sprint

Terry Everall

The organisers have requested some idea of how many cars/drivers might be attending this greta event. It runs alongside Suoerlap Scotland and we will be the only club their with the British Sprint drivers. We are promised 1 Practice and 3 Timed runs each day and we will run the track clockwise one day and antickwise the next

Steve and I intend to go

Im intending to go

Me too, with the British Sprint......

Come on folks Terry worked hard to get us an invite to this event.

i went last year to spectate and it’s a great event so let’s have a decent turnout or else we may not be invited back.

The legends race is great to watch and there are some monster car there from Superlap Scotland. 

What's the registration process for this one online or snail mail and does anyone know the cost

It will be about £250 I believe and as yet I have not received any entry details as its a bit early yet. I will post them as soon as I get details

Stick with it Richard

I spoke to two at Curborough Terry who stated their intention to go. 

I may, potentially, maybe, who knows, depends... 

It was in my calendar before all the kitten thing happened.

And is a No tt event witch allways made it more attractive 😛

In the down side... im REALLY skeptical of how they expect to run it

We normally struggle to get track time, even being the main event... leave alone if we are running in between the superlap batle rounds. Have someone had any experience before with this club?

3 hours ago, maurici said:

We normally struggle to get track time, even being the main event... leave alone if we are running in between the superlap batle rounds. Have someone had any experience before with this club?

@mark.anson went up last year i think to see how the event was run so may be able to provide feedback.

13 hours ago, maurici said:

I went to Knockhill to watch the BSC lot last year and a bit of a fact finding mission.

Its s great track and the whole event is very well run and there are lots of spectators. 

We will be allocated a time slot to run in, for example the superlap cars may have a qualifying session, then we would run P1, (my guess we will probably tag onto the BSC runners.) 

Other cars will do their bit then we would go again for P2 and so on.

Im guessing this is why Knockhill is asking how many cars we will be taking so they can allow for the time. 

It will be a bit “ suck it and see “ as it’s a bit out of the ordinary event for us. 

The Saturday is usually run anti-clockwise and the Sunday in a clockwise direction.

The minor downside is that the paddock is quite tight for space due to the number of folk there but other than that the facilities are good. There is a cafe that sell food etc too. 

I suggested to Terry we give this event a try and he worked hard to secure us an invite. Hopefully it might attract some Westfield owners from north of the border too. 

If nothing else some of the cars there are great and the Legends race, if it’s on is great to watch.

• 4 weeks later...

Initial arrangements going well with suggestion of at least 2 practice and 2 timed runs but real possibility of a further 1 or 2 at same time as British Sprint top 12 run offs.

The runs will be throughout the day at set time slots. Beginning to sound good so let me know if you wish to attend as I may have to sort out the Regs and numbers etc 

Come on folks lets at least have some idea of numbers please. We may be able to get a garage space.

Don't be put off by the time slot format. The event is well run and from what in saw last year you will not get any less track time than you would at any other sprint event.

Plus its a new venue with good facilities, and it has always got to be good to give somewhere different a try for a change

Mark

And it has big crowds watching!