Jonboy

FW SE Build

Jonboy

T-minus 10 days till I will be on the doorstep of Westfield ready to pick up my next project! Its been many years of hope to do such a thing but the wife has given the green light and its on! Van booked, garage cleaned and tools ready. 

I have been following a lot of the build diaries on here and can see that its a wealth of knowledge. Planning on keeping an upto date diary so keep following.

Cheers

John

• Like 5

jonjh1964

Best wishes with the build; what model and engine are you building?

Jonboy

Hi , details as follows.

SE Special Edition - Electric Blue, Full LED, LSD, Wide Track, 8'Rear, Heater etc... No throttle bodies at the moment, funds wouldn't allow, this can be a later upgrade. Picking up the whole kit body as well so if anybody has tips for storing the body correctly, please suggest away.

9 days to go to collection of the kit, 6 days till i get off this boat!

• Like 1

Alan France

Some have made basic wooden frames to support the body. I just made a few wooden supports with spreaders and luckily had enough space to keep the body on the floor. The idea is to remove any chance of unsupported bits bowing.

Kit collection is a great day, passing IVA is even better. I really enjoyed my 18 month build.

The best bit about the build is the superb help you will get from this forum.

• Like 1

AdgeC

Best of luck with your build. Tip I was given on here, is to take loads of photos of cars in build (any model) at the factory when you collect your kit. Paid dividends for me!

Highly recommend a build diary, great way to tap into a wealth of experience.

David_Thame

I like many others stored my body above the car for over 12 months on the frame it came from Westfield. Luckily i have a reasonably cool garage, so be careful if we have another hot summer like last year that the body isnt "stressed" in any way as they do flop around like a donkeys d**k when hot.

• Like 1

Jonboy

Hi  guys. Well after an early start, I was at Westfield for 8am. Got pipped at the post by a gent from Dorset who was picking up module 1. Plenty of photos taken at the factory don’t worry about that AdgeC. Side note I bet your chuffed with the photo in the calendar.

next job is sorting out locations and checking items off. 

Thanks for the advice David. Unfortunately no frame as all panels were loose when collected. Plan is to store most in the loft, whatever gets through the hatch is going in!

F77360F5-E179-4DF3-A280-2AAA7472396C.jpeg

• Like 4