Garage Going Cheap

stephenh

I have a sectional garage which I need to get rid of. It is (from memory) a Compton concrete sectional garage with pebbledash exterior finish, and metal up-and-over door, plus metal side pedestrian door. It is approx. 8 1/2 feet wide overall, and just over 16 feet long overall, so approx. 8' x 16' internally. So ideal for a small car like a Westfield, which is exactly what I have had it for. Unfortunately it is too small for my new toy, so now the Westfield has gone I need to remove the garage in order to make room for a bigger one which hte XKR will fit in.

The Compton garage is reasonably solid, but the timber facia is rotten so needs to be replaced and the door needs repainting.

I have had the garage well over 10 years, and it was second hand when I bought it, so it owes me nothing. Hence I'm willing to give the garage away to any club member who is willing and able to demolish it, and arrange their own transport etc. I'm will to help a bit, but I'm not taking it down for someone else to have because if I have to take it down I'll most probably break it up rather than taking it apart piece by piece, as breaking it up would be quicker. So, any takers on this basis? It is near Uttoxeter in Staffordshire. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any takers for this FREE garage? 

I will be putting it on our local "Trash for Nothing" website next week, and after that if still no takers it'll be scrapped. I need the space, and in particular the concrete base which it stands on.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.