Carpet

b16gnr

Well after no luck getting a second hand carpet set I decided to dye my old tired grey ones, using carpet dye and leather/ vinyl dye for the arm rests and crash pad and I’m pretty happy with the results, just the dash left to do.

6BFAEFC0-E841-4A3E-8297-429AF00954E5.jpeg

6E39F851-FCBB-4AA6-815A-F71CC3776A4A.jpeg

421C83A9-9EA2-4FD6-8C05-1B19914BA646.jpeg

82538BFB-262F-4559-9561-54A66CCD93F9.jpeg

8FCC1A54-4EA4-467E-BDB2-E93D6872B880.jpeg

• Like 4

What a difference Wayne looks great! Are you doing the side panels as well?

Would be good to meet up for a run out and look at all the changes. 

John

8 hours ago, John (Kernow) said:

What a difference Wayne looks great! Are you doing the side panels as well?

Would be good to meet up for a run out and look at all the changes. 

John

Yes, I probably will do them just so it looks neat, let me know when you want to go out and I will come over

47 minutes ago, Chris jesson said:

looks fantastic

cheers Chris, i am pretty happy with the results and at £14 for the carpet dye and £10 for the leather dye saves me the cost of a new carpet and dash!

Looks great! Any chance you could post up the details of the leather dye you used? I have a grey dash I'm considering trying it on before I fork out for a new one. Cheers.

5 hours ago, Andy M said:

Looks great! Any chance you could post up the details of the leather dye you used? I have a grey dash I'm considering trying it on before I fork out for a new one. Cheers.

No worries Andy I got it off eBay, I have just bought some clear sealant top coat as well

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F380494665096

Thanks. How much of it did you use in the end for the job?

12 hours ago, Andy M said:

Thanks. How much of it did you use in the end for the job?

andy

i only used a little bit of the leather dye, but used all of the 500ml of carpet dye, i will probably go over the carpet again to get all the bits complete.

10 hours ago, dombanks said:

Did the leather dye work on all the vinyl parts?

yes mate, i dyed the dash, arm rests and the centre consul bit and covered the worn bits on my seat, it definitely needs sealing though as i have rubbed bits off the arm rests kicking them before i sealed them

• Thanks 1