Wet Bum

Rich201060

So went to work in the car today, the forecast was dry ! As  I came out of work it P*****ed it down. I have the half hood I should point out,  my side was ok I thought, My right foot was getting wet (pedal cover me thinks) and I discovered later I had wet myself. Passenger side was soaked, now here's my dilemma, my wife and I are planning a trip to Scotland in September.

Do I tell her the cars water proof and risk the scorn should it rain or come clean 😁

Rich

• Haha 1

Half hood, half doors, wind deflectors and mud flaps work together really well.

I would try to sort the car first, tell the Mrs so she can prep and practice the biggest smiles you have and have fun.

I see your dilemma,  dont mention it, as long as you have a nice cosy hotel to dry and warm up it should go well and just be fun.

However, be prepared to have to 'suck up' and spend money on the new clothes she will want to replace the wet ones.... cos they will have to be new... any woman knows that. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Half hood, half doors, wind deflectors and mud flaps work together really well.

I would try to sort the car first, tell the Mrs so she can prep and practice the biggest smiles you have and have fun.

Yes I noticed a lot of spray from the front, Im going to replace the fake carbon wing so, I may add some flaps

Get her some decent lined waterproof trousers and jacket, they can easily be taken off when stopping for lunch if it’s nice, not only to repel water but helps stop the wind chill, put on before longer days, but on short trips can be kept handy behind the seats, I also keep a towel in a plastic bag there too 

as Geoffrey said half doors and wind deflectors make a big difference as well 

16 hours ago, Jude - The Mad Widow said:

However, be prepared to have to 'suck up' and spend money on the new clothes she will want to replace the wet ones.... cos they will have to be new... any woman knows that. 

I can see you being a bad influence and disruptive force in this club.

Keep up the good work. :t-up:

• Haha 2

It never rains in Scotland - you'll be fine 😉

Take ear plugs - just in case 

• Haha 1

Was that half hood and doors or half hood only.

I've travelled quite a distance with half hood and doors in quite heavy rain and it did not seem to bad, to a degree it was worse stationary depending upon wind direction as the rain could come in from the rear. It's actually quite cosy and with the heater warm.

I'm trying to remember fully the day, we travelled both ways in rain and then spent the day in the rain, from memory when we got there we did not feel to bad, but then having spent the day in the rain and then travelling back in the rain, when I got home I wanted a hot shower and a hot drink.

I've also done half hood and wind deflectors, this was not to bad for a shortish distance, especially if you are travelling home. My right side was quite damp by the end though, I suspect half doors and mud flaps would help with this.

One thing I have done with the doors and half hood is to put press studs on so that the half hood can be attached to the top of the door ( one in the middle and one at the back), this helped quite a bit. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rhett - Joint Black Country AO said:

Was that half hood and doors or half hood only.

I've travelled quite a distance with half hood and doors in quite heavy rain and it did not seem to bad, to a degree it was worse stationary depending upon wind direction as the rain could come in from the rear. It's actually quite cosy and with the heater warm.

I'm trying to remember fully the day, we travelled both ways in rain and then spent the day in the rain, from memory when we got there we did not feel to bad, but then having spent the day in the rain and then travelling back in the rain, when I got home I wanted a hot shower and a hot drink.

I've also done half hood and wind deflectors, this was not to bad for a shortish distance, especially if you are travelling home. My right side was quite damp by the end though, I suspect half doors and mud flaps would help with this.

One thing I have done with the doors and half hood is to put press studs on so that the half hood can be attached to the top of the door ( one in the middle and one at the back), this helped quite a bit. 

I wasn't too bad to be fair I think speed would keep the rain out, but sat in traffic wind and rain ? 

Ive fitted a stud to hold the doors to roof that works really well, when I went for a test drive at the factory I got soaked so I shouldn't be surprised. We are still going Scotland come rain or shine but may look into mud flaps.

Give us a shout when your heading up and in what direction and we’ll see if we can get a few lads together to welcome you up here

4 minutes ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Give us a shout when your heading up and in what direction and we’ll see if we can get a few lads together to welcome you up here

Gary, I’ll be up with a few lads 7,8,9 & 10th June borders, Perth, glenshee, Inverness, fort William and back. 

1 hour ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Ok we are looking at September but haven't booked anything yet, probably going to Air b&b a few places , definitely overnight stop in the lake district.

• Like 1

Full screen and doors on mine and in "regular" rain it takes about half an hour before water reaches places it wouldn't in a proper car. And if there is even a medium sized puddle that can't be avoided then it'll be sooner than that. 

Let me put it this way. If it rains, you get wet! Take waterproofs...

I also use clear "safety" glasses so I'm not squinting my way down the B roads and to avoid looking like a twonk wearing sunglasses in the gloom of a british summers day. I look a twonk for other reasons...

5 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Gary, I’ll be up with a few lads 7,8,9 & 10th June borders, Perth, glenshee, Inverness, fort William and back. 

Hi Chris that’s the weekend we’re travelling home from Switzerland, will keep in touch