Mmmmmm - carbon......

NigelO

I've now fitted my Carbon NV carbon tunnel cover and scuttle cover and I'm pretty chuffed with it

Seeing how the forum loves a piccy (also showing the new FreeWheel steering wheel buttons)....

Carbon_tunnel.thumb.jpg.c6e32f699ebc53a456ae49f3a8cd7011.jpg

Check out how the weave matches on the join just behind the gear lever - well pleased :d

I'll get a photo of the scuttle later, complete with new battery cover and much tidied wiring

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, NickBW said:

Looks great

How did you fix it down? with rivets? 

No - small stainless Allen screws, painted black. This was how the original aluminium cover was fixed down, so I re-used all the threaded holes in the chassis rails

• Thanks 1

For reference, you can get black stainless bolts etc from here: https://www.carbolts.co.uk/

Good prompt service on a couple of orders I've had from them.

Saves having to paint individual bolt heads!

Grabbed a shot of the new carbon scuttle and pedal box cover - note the nice neat battery wiring - previously, there were about five earth leads flailing around, but I've joined them all behind the scuttle, so there's only a single beefy earth cable to the battery for the chassis harness. I also tweaked the fuseboxes, so that they were both fore-aft, as having them at right-angles to each other offended my OCD....

IMG_0203.thumb.JPG.73b72398b1cea48ebdb29db4552e9fc4.JPG

• Like 4

This carbon fetish is dangerous - I also appear to have bought myself a nosecone....

Condition isn't amazing, but the intention is to paint almost all of it body colour anyway, leaving just a bit of bare carbon showing at the front edge

Bonnet next....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 6carjon said:

It would be good to weigh the nose cone to see the difference you are making ?

I'll weigh both next time the OE nosecone is removed

• 1 month later...
On 26/04/2019 at 12:59, NigelO said:

Carbon_tunnel.thumb.jpg.c6e32f699ebc53a456ae49f3a8cd7011.jpg

Really smart :yes:

where did you source the gear / handbrake gaiters and surrounds from?

Not seen a dash like your one, like it!

Andy

The handbrake and gearlever gaiters were on the car when I bought it last year - no idea where they are from, sorry

I've had many positive comments about the dashboard - when I bought the car, I just assumed it was one of the various choices of dash that were available. However, a year later, I've still not seen another one. I'd love one in carbon....

I believe it's a PlaysKool dash, but I've never seen one on the PlaysKool website