Inside Bonnet Lock Clasp ‘thing’

CrisisWolf

I’ll look on eBay or similar but I cant think what to call it.

one of these - or something that does a similar job. The gold U shaped part only.

image.thumb.jpg.a4d8b3e678155edcbe2bb744cafbe455.jpg

name that widget!

Hmmm close but not quite! Its open on the inside, not threaded. Literally slots over - and probably why I lost one - probably rotated and came off.

They’re similar to brake line clips but I dont know the right name for them

found some under Range Rover brake line clips

can you take the one you have off and search for similar by entering the photo of it on ebays search feature

Yeah it is that sorta thing. Not perfect but they do the job. Less effective on the carbon bonnet as its thinner than the GRP. Was a tight fit on GRP but not so much these days.

Isn’t it supposed to be the other way round ?

Look much like flexible brake hose clips 

72CE0135-FE2C-4E6F-B71B-B8118EA31411.png

Thanks Craig. Looks about right. Just need to check the ID.

that photo is upside down! Bottom bonnet lip is at the top of the photo - it’d fall straight off otherwise.

Ohhh... I flipped it as it gives a better fit - rattles alot the other way around as the clip is against the bonnet so leaves more of a gap. Can and I think I did bend the middle out to help it.

need to measure the ID of what Ive got now.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.