TomS

Well that didn't start off as planned…

RussH

You’d be surprised. Is the scuttle bonded down too? :(

Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO

Might be held on with silicone and thus “relatively” easy to separate the two?

Bit of a daft idea to bond it mind! 

TomS

Thought a photo would make more sense. It looks like the scuttle and dash are one piece, there's no separation of them on the front or back that I see or feel.

IMG_0793.jpg.1819c3a6a88ad03ace2c714898b7fd9e.jpg

Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO

If it’s one piece then it’s a one off!

Andy (Sycho)

Looks though it’s in two by the looks of the bottom corner. Just a thought, it hasn’t been built so you take the scuttle off & the dash is fixed?

Kit Car Electronics

You'll need a mirror to see behind, but it looks as if the body is painted and the masking covered the edge of the dash, so even if you get it off, you'll have to cut the paint edge if that's the case

TomS

There's no join or seem on the front but on the rear there does seem to be what I think is fibre tape going between dash and scuttle all the way round. Going to see if I can get some of it off but it's rock hard. Why are things never simple.

Still don't understand why you wouldn't just rivet or bolt the dash on in case you had issues with the electrics 😖

TomS

So much for getting the new engine last week so I could fit it over the weekend. It was meant to get sent out last Friday, then Monday, then Tuesday…ended up going out on Wednesday for "24-48 hour delivery"…never happened. It seems everyone in the motorsport industry struggles to keep to dates. If I was so slack with my business I wouldn't be getting paid, infuriating. 

• Sad 2

AdamR

Sorry to hear that Tom, I feel your pain! Had the same thing with Andy sadly.