Basement window well grates - where can I buy one?

Captain Colonial

My search-fu powers must be getting weak.  I need to get a basement window well grate to product people and pets from falling in.  Trouble is, the only ones I can find are on eBay, less than ideal, come from the States and cost a flipping fortune once you add in postage and duty.  Needs to be strong enough to be able to support someone’s weight if they accidentally stand on it.  Anything made in the UK?  (Opening 43” x 21.5”)

Like this:

2577DF69-78E2-415F-AE31-4D5536C67D2E.jpeg

Do you have any steel fabricators locally? Perfect kind of 1 off project that they could easily make and have galvanised/painted for you

• Thanks 1

+1 for a local fabricator

I'm getting something very similar made at the moment but as a mesh end panel for my trailer, total cost including galvanising was £150.

• Thanks 1

Good idea - I’ll look into it. :) Thanks.

Look for “wrought iron” businesses. - they make gates and fences but will knock up something  like this.

• Thanks 1