Blyton Sprint weekend - Professional tuition for all

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

Folks,

As you know our ever-popular Blyton Track day and Speed Series weekend is back again; more information can be found at http://www.blytonsprintweekend.co.uk and also, keep your eyes on the various posts on the forum over the coming months.

The dates this year are 12th, 13th and 14th July. The track day is on Friday 12th and the Speed Series runs on the Saturday and Sunday. Please come along and support your Club, you can get involved in many aspects of motor sport from start line and marshalling to paddock as well as joining in the fun on track which most of you have already signed up for.

This year we are planning some professional tuition for anyone who fancies upping their game or simply wants to improve their racing lines and braking zones. We aim to run ten sessions of thirty minutes each, during this time you will have a camera attached to your car, then you will review the video and discuss improvements with the instructor, then you'll go out again and make it all happen and so on until your allocated time is up . These sessions will be £40 each, if we can squeeze more sessions in on the day we will try to accommodate. This is in addition to the track day cost, you will have to book on the track day in order to take advantage of this offer.

Do please reply to this post to let us know if you are interested in the track day tuition and we will make it happen. When we have things agreed the Blyton website http://www.blytonsprintweekend.co.uk will be updated so you can pop over and book your place, we will update this post when that happens so stay tuned...

• Like 2

Thanks John.

I recall the precursor to this from a couple of years ago which I did. With the amount of support on hand from fellow members and Speed Series folks on-site I learned so much, vastly improved my technique and general driving skills (did not know the car could that :o) and even managed to get a bit of a suspension tweak.

Not that this is in anyway a replacement, it's just a bit of (serious) fun, you could pay top dollar for all that elsewhere...

Hope to see you there and please come tell me what you think.

Can I just clarify, does the Sprint School run within the trackday, ie you need to also book into the trackday or is a standalone activity

17 minutes ago, S2T said:

Can I just clarify, does the Sprint School run within the trackday, ie you need to also book into the trackday or is a standalone activity

Very good question Steve.

These sessions do indeed run on the Friday Track Day and I would think that it's a given that you will have booked this too. Most benefit would be obtained by doing the track day with addition of the tuition, as you you will be able to make as much use of the circuit as you see fit to get to know the layout and put into practice what you will have learned. Also, there is a limit on numbers of cars on the day and it would be difficult to manage separate sessions so that may have a bearing.

However, @John and @John Williams - Blyton Organiser, will confirm...

59 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Very good question Steve.

These sessions do indeed run on the Friday Track Day and I would think that it's a given that you will have booked this too. Most benefit would be obtained by doing the track day with addition of the tuition, as you you will be able to make as much use of the circuit as you see fit to get to know the layout and put into practice what you will have learned. Also, there is a limit on numbers of cars on the day and it would be difficult to manage separate sessions so that may have a bearing.

However, @John and @John Williams - Blyton Organiser, will confirm...

Yes, you need to be a track day participant to be allowed on track during the day

• Thanks 1

Thanks John, I've updated the OP with that clarification.

Only 1 interested party so far. We need 10 ish to make this work. If you are interested please post on here. I will give it a couple more weeks before judging it's viability

Who will be running the tuition John? That might help get a few more interested :t-up:

20 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Who will be running the tuition John? That might help get a few more interested :t-up:

Nick from Triple M Motorsport

I will have a session please @John

• Like 1

Go on count me in to get numbers up.  I tend to drive the wheels off the car without thinking much about lines, apexes or anything else.  Sideways / dramatic cornering extreme moments are all part of non competitive off the queens highway fun driving for me.   Some track tips would do no harm.  

• Like 1

I will also join in and provisionally book a place for James as he is looking to get over for the weekend and do the trackday on Friday and be pit crew for the weekend.

• Like 1

So 5 so far ?

Steve

Simon

Damperman

Mick x 2

Correct me if i am wrong

• Like 1

Me too please.