Ford 7” atb diff

Storvite

Any one have one for sale? Unlikely I know but worth an ask!

Check to see if Burtons still have them on offer. I got my ATB for £480 delivered. Bargain. 

Still needed fitting of course - but it’s not a huge job. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rednop1 said:

Doesn't your car have a lsd fitted?

Yes it does

Whats the benefit of changing from standard ford lsd to a atb unit?

5 hours ago, Rednop1 said:

Whats the benefit of changing from standard ford lsd to a atb unit?

I was told that they are better on the road, not quite as harsh 

On 16/04/2019 at 13:42, Steve (sdh2903) said:

You'll need the one with flanges unfortunately. This is still a very good price though.

https://www.burtonpower.com/quaife-atb-differential-cosworth-4wd-rear-qualsd7.html

Can you not use a pair of joints from an open diff with bolt on joints and modify the bolt on Lobros by machining the circlip groove out to take a snap ring?

This is how my tran-x diff was done and I'm fairly sure my old MNR with ATB was the same but it's been a few years and my memory is fuzzy 

I've had one maybe two cars and I've never had a problem and it's abit of a job to remove the diff with 'fw bodywork  

4 hours ago, GaryR1983 said:

Can you not use a pair of joints from an open diff with bolt on joints and modify the bolt on Lobros by machining the circlip groove out to take a snap ring?

This is how my tran-x diff was done and I'm fairly sure my old MNR with ATB was the same but it's been a few years and my memory is fuzzy 

Yes you can but theres not many places willing to do it unless you have the facility to do your self. I think you also effectively need 2 sets of flanges as they are different lengths and to work in the ATB you need 2 longer ones. Most of the diff places I spoke to this time round said just to buy the quaife flanges as it's not worth the hassle. Especially at the price burtons are selling them for.

I believe storvite is having issues with his diff so looking at options to upgrade at the same time.

Oh I see 

Maybe worth having a chat with bara motorsport he knows his stuff

I'm sure there is something wrong with it. There is no way that my LSD is harsh but it leaves nice 11s when needed! 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.