Jerry cans in Aldi

TAFKARM

Does it have a suitable warning sticker on the side? If not you won't be able to fill it at a petrol station, as I found out a few years ago :(

flammable-petrol-labels.png?v=1479316366

Mine don’t and I’ve never had a problem. 

2 minutes ago, Lyonspride said:

Does it have a suitable warning sticker on the side? If not you won't be able to fill it at a petrol station, as I found out a few years ago :(

flammable-petrol-labels.png?v=1479316366

I never let them see the cans - can’t say I’ve ever had a problem. 

• Like 1

I've never had a problem with lack of labels on either plastic fuel cans, nor metal Jerry cans.

If you have a need for a sticker like that, I've just looked on eBay and 45x45mm ones come in at 99p each.

I was, however, tannoyed last Saturday when I tried to fill up one of my cars with the boot open.  When I queried the forecourt operative, he said it was "in case I was going to fill something I shouldn't - Health and Safety"

Simon

I had the guy shut off the pump, tap on the window and request me to hold up the can, said he couldn't let me fill it without the correct labels. I'd heard about it before buying the jerry can, but thought i'd try my luck.

This madness all came about after https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2012/mar/30/woman-petrol-burns-york-fire

Long story short, got a sticker for my jerry can and no further problems. It's utterly stupid really, I could buy a sticker on ebay, stick it to an empty coke bottle and go fill it up. It's about as effective at keeping people safe, as banning the legal sale of knives would be in stopping knife crime.

It's all here http://www.hse.gov.uk/fireandexplosion/portabable-petrol-storage-containers.pdf

• Like 1

In over 8 years using Jerry cans, never been stopped.

But I'll get some stickers if they're that cost just in case, will save any future hassle.

I've just ordered a couple of 10 litre Jerry Cans - and some stickers to put on them!

Simon

I have been stopped mid fill at Sainsbury's for filling more than ten or twenty litres up..for health and safety..it's annoying and pointless..nearly as crazy as trying to overdose on two packets of paracetamol!!

I fill up 3-5 jerry cans once a month and haven’t had any problems at multiple Tesco fuel stations I’ve used.

Only time I’ve had a problem was at a Shell garage near Anglesey, they would only let me fill up 1 jerry can at a time and wanted me to leave the forecourt between each can :bangshead:

On 16/04/2019 at 14:21, Simon Marks - North Oxfordshire AO said:

I've never had a problem with lack of labels on either plastic fuel cans, nor metal Jerry cans.

If you have a need for a sticker like that, I've just looked on eBay and 45x45mm ones come in at 99p each.

I was, however, tannoyed last Saturday when I tried to fill up one of my cars with the boot open.  When I queried the forecourt operative, he said it was "in case I was going to fill something I shouldn't - Health and Safety"

Simon

Only ones I can find are 3.99 each and I have 3 jerry cans

It’s the same as the nonsense about not using your mobile phone on a petrol station forecourt because of the explosion risk.  Absolute Ed  Balls.  There’s never been a recorded and confirmed case of that on the planet.  I remember the Top Gear where Hamster was on his phone at a BP station, about a good 150’ away from the pumps, and getting told off over the tannoy.  People are such idiots.