Zetec MT75 gearbox thrust bearing with spacer

WillC

Just wondered if anyone would have tucked away a Westfield modified thrust bearing with 20mm spacer glued on. Obviously now not available from the factory and struggling to find anyone local to me in East Anglia to assist. If anyone can assist will be very grateful and quite willing to pay the price for it. Car has Zetec 2 litre fitted with Zetec clutch and MT75 gearbox. Regards Bill Copland

Moved to parts wanted section.

Hi WillC,

If you are unable to get this.You can replace the pivot pin on the gearbox with a part from Kit Spares TRA0019, and then fit a standard ford release bearing. I have done this on a few so know it works

Malcolm

• Like 4

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for the information, I have not moved forward with any replacement save doing the job myself with epoxy glue. Have ordered the pin today so hopefully will be able to get the job done over Easter. Really grateful for the steer.

Kind regards Bill

• 1 year later...

Just saw this and must have missed it first time though I dont know how!

I think this will sort me out as well.

Ordered anyway 👍

I have only just seen this as well and have a brand new bearing and spacer spare.

I thought I would be able to order this straight away but it seems I can’t buy through the site last night and the phone is ringing off this morning at kitspares.

Does anyone know if they are shut just now?

I will keep trying but just in case anyone knows.

Thanks

Don't forget it's a bank holiday today. (Hard to tell for many, I know!)

The shopping cart let me get as far as entering address info etc, I didn't go further, obviously, why wasn't it working for you yesterday?

Forgot about the VE holiday as we just work through apart from Xmas and New Year.

I will try again. Thanks for checking Dave.

No worries.

Okay got it on a PC at work.

I had been using my phone.

Should have checked 😔

• Like 1

Excellent!

A nice write up of this conversion, with photos would be great for the FAQ, and if available before the end of next week would be fantastic for the mag, too!

On 16/04/2019 at 10:24, Wessex said:

Hi WillC,

If you are unable to get this.You can replace the pivot pin on the gearbox with a part from Kit Spares TRA0019, and then fit a standard ford release bearing. I have done this on a few so know it works

Malcolm

Good shout. At least now I can advise a customer an alternative solution. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.