Hello from a potential new owner!

S7uyj

Hello all. 

I'm currently doing my research into what I want, and how this whole thing works.

I've been waiting years to get one and I've now decided it's time!

I'm thinking I ideally want something clean and a decent base for future upgrades. I really want zetec/duratec but I dont think my budget will stretch at this point. Happy with a part built though as I'm more than capable of building. Time is the only issue for me.

I welcome any advice from anyone! 

Thank you 

stu

Welcome Stu,  it's a good time of the year to be looking as cars start to appear from hibernation! Values have risen over the last few years, so i appreciate your dilemma.

Building often takes longer, (sometimes much longer) than expected, so bear it in mind if time is an issue.  

There have been some really good cars for sale over the last few weeks, so just keep an eye on the relevant sections, worth trying to get along to your nearest meet, to.

Where are you located.

The best solution would be to meet local members to see and talk about their westfields. There's always an empty seat on one car on trips out and trackdays, it's worth looking/talking first.

Or visit stoneleigh on May day bank holiday weekend and there'll be over a 100 Westfields 

Hi Stu,

Brilliant advice above. Don't be too perturbed if the budget is on the low side - there are some cracking cars on here for sale at times, cheaper IMHO than on piston heads etc. A good few members on here would rather see their cars go to good homes than try and get top dollar...

This is a very good club and joining it will be a good investment that pays for itself numerous times over...

Good luck in your quest.

Mart.

Hi stu:ww:

I was in the same boat as you last year unsure what engine to go with, this is the best place to get info to help you choosing a car. I went to the kit car show and seen about every type/choice you can get. Depending where you are, if you’re local to me I can take you out in my car.

simon.

:ww:

Can't add to the above, local area meets and Stoneleigh are your best places to start the search right now and as ever (hard though it can be) head over heart. Good luck and hope you get what you want soon...

Thank you all so much for your advice. I'm lucky enough that I have already arranged to go on a local meet with a member from here! 

@si_salisburyI live in glossop,near Manchester. Regularly travel up and down to oxford though so hopefully I will be local to someone! 

@Andy Banks - Chairman fingers crossed I will be at stoneleigh! 

Hello from Yorkshire, if you're in Glossop, then you're not too far away. 

Brilliant, you’re right in the centre of lots of areas in Glossop, and on the door step of fantastic roads, you’ve got Yorkshire area to the North East of you, Manchester to the West, and Cheshire and the Peak District areas to the South West and South, respectively.

You'll be most welcome at any and all of the meets, (we’re not one of those exclusive clubs, where you get assigned an area and have to stick to it!) We like to be as inclusive as possible. There will usually be a passenger seat or two spare at most meets, (though it is always worth double checking in advance), and most members will be only to thrilled to give you rides!  

How about joining us for the Carding shed breakfast and garage tour? It's on the 11th of August, full details in the events page. 

You might have a Westfield by then.