Cadwell Park 23rd May

Andrew

Have a great day lads hope the weather is kind. It’s 34C and sunny here and the only available car left at the hire place was this - honest 🙄

A3348B71-4F7B-49A7-864C-0D26FA44322A.jpeg

620E0A32-01E4-4FCD-B472-44F2D4F1CBFB.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not far off that here today, AND Russ is here! 😂

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Not far off that here today, AND Russ is here! 😂

So jealous! Never mind - next time lads 

Excellent weather..excellent  company  and a great day.

Had a passenger  ride  in the Lobster... a word that's generally  misused, but is relevant here.... Awesome.

No impulse  power on the Lobster.. only warp settings.

Thanks to @AdamR..  fanastic car and driving  :yes:

• Like 4

Z😍

Big thanks to everyone today at Cadwell for making myself and my friend very welcome and a special thanks to @Andrew and @Oily Steve for taking my mate out for a few passenger laps really made his day.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, matthew902 said:

Z😍

Big thanks to everyone today at Cadwell for making myself and my friend very welcome and a special thanks to @Andrew and @Oily Steve for taking my mate out for a few passenger laps really made his day.

You're welcome. :)

Pretty good day, perfect weather.. pooped! :zzz:

Only took three photos at the start of the day.. sadly we didn't all make it to the end. :down:

P1140837.thumb.JPG.262eec3ca173e3cf7a66d23865b9400d.JPG

P1140838.thumb.JPG.c42b729826418af02d13d7d5d923e0bf.JPGP1140839.thumb.JPG.6d2257d0e1a44f674405ffbd6e8a05d3.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

You're welcome. :)

Pretty good day, perfect weather.. pooped! :zzz:

Only took three photos at the start of the day.. sadly we didn't all make it to the end. :down:

P1140837.thumb.JPG.262eec3ca173e3cf7a66d23865b9400d.JPG

P1140838.thumb.JPG.c42b729826418af02d13d7d5d923e0bf.JPGP1140839.thumb.JPG.6d2257d0e1a44f674405ffbd6e8a05d3.JPG

Who didnt make it andrew?

Wellllllllll……..

My version of the day: 

I rose at 04-30 :zzz: on the road by 4-45, had a good run, but that's an early start to the day, and I think I was wilting towards the end. 

First session, two casualties. Stoney's car shed a cycle wing and Mikes VX came back on three pots. Stoney repaired his wing, Mike not so lucky.. possibly a broken valve spring or a stuck / bent valve perhaps. End of play for Mike. :(

I had a couple of gremlins. I'd overfilled the coolant, which at one point decided to find it's own level by venting it out.. mainly into the passenger footwell. I drained it down to where it should be and that was OK for the rest of the day. My other recurring problem is the alternator bolt said bye bye at some point.. again! Replaced it and fitted two nuts.. see if it can shed them!

Had some really good sessions on track. A couple behind Adam, and with a little help from the traffic I managed to stay in touch for a few laps. An early session with Stoney in the shed of redness was fun too.. will get them "tubed" at some point.

Sadly towards the end of the day we were sat in the paddock, and noticed it had all gone quiet. Ross and his Caterham were missing. :( The car eventually appeared on the back of the recovery truck. Broken prop shaft! It's done a fair bit of damage to the car, but thankfully Ross's legs were spared any injury. (He's put some nasty pics up on FB, Ross Murray) The only positive he has was it was nearly the end of the day, but the really bad news is he was entered into the Mag se7ens race at Oulton on Monday. It sort of knocked the stuffing out of me, so considering I'd had a pretty good day, I gave up at about 4-30. 

We never really got much of a train going.. didn't see much of the yellow brigade? .. just the way it goes sometimes I suppose. It was a busy day, but I didn't feel it was too congested on track? Be good to hear what others thought.

And finally.. what about the weather! Despite Archiepants presence we definitely had :sun: 

Andrew

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for a top day gents! :t-up: Especially Andrew for the bits, complete day-saver. Thank you.

Will write more later, but for now a short vid before I lose motivation to edit :laugh: Datalogger showing 1.85g at points (and that I'm being a massive nunney as @Archibald Meatpants suspected ;) so loads of time left 'on the table').

• Like 4

I've got a bruised knee Adam, so I suggest a bit of passenger padding wouldn't go amiss! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

I've got a bruised knee Adam, so I suggest a bit of passenger padding wouldn't go amiss! 😄

Passengers need to pad their own knees as can't add extra weight to The Lobster.

Great lap--enjoyed.

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

Sadly towards the end of the day we were sat in the paddock, and noticed it had all gone quiet. Ross and his Caterham were missing. :( The car eventually appeared on the back of the recovery truck. Broken prop shaft! It's done a fair bit of damage to the car, but thankfully Ross's legs were spared any injury. (He's put some nasty pics up on FB, Ross Murray) The only positive he has was it was nearly the end of the day, but the really bad news is he was entered into the Mag se7ens race at Oulton on Monday. It sort of knocked the stuffing out of me, so considering I'd had a pretty good day, I gave up at about 4-30. 

Can you post a link to the FB pics @Andrew I can’t find him (using wifes FB account)