Anglesey horror story

Terryathome

The thread has been locked as there is a lot going on in the background that you aren’t aware of and some of the comments are becoming “unhelpful”.

This does not do anyone any favours least of all the competitors affected whilst we are trying to sort matters out. 

As soon as there is anything to publish on the matter then it will be done.

As I said in another  thread social media can be a great tool but it can also be dangerous at the same time, so I would ask that folk let us do our best to investigate the matter and get some answers.

Mark Anson SSOT 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING

There were 4 of the SSOT team at the event  and we not only spent a lot of time talking to the drivers affected but also some of the LDMC officials. In addition yesterday I spent the whole day on the phone talking to LDMC and the SSOT checking on the FACTS. Please be assured that in the SSOT we have many years of experience including understanding the Rules and their application as well as dealing with scrutineers. We have already contacted Motorsport UK officials and we are developing a plan to address the issues raised at the weekend. We all feel frustrated and disturbed by what happened but we need to put emotions to one side and sort out the Rules and their interpretation ASAP. This is a national issue that affects many divers and makes of car and has been a concern to drivers since since the requirement for CATS was introduced about 10 years ago and has often been debated in the paddock etc

So let us get on with our plans and we will report back ASAP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4