Flaking chrome

b16gnr

i have just noticed a large piece of chrome plate has flaked off my alloy can it be fixed or will it need to be re-chromed? Which I would rather avoid as it is very expensive 

regards

wayne

472A54F0-D5AF-4B1D-AA0E-A1387C402587.jpeg

In the interim, you could mask off the area and hide it with 'chrome in a rattle can'. Won't be anywhere perfect but wouldn't catch the eye near as much.

https://www.frost.co.uk/vht-quick-coat-silver-chrome-plate-finish-aerosol.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnKHlBRDLARIsAMtMHDGFEzAEB7-zwKAgJBId3amMN2DwC40hGBb5yLEZUYpkOffYAkczcvgaAlZREALw_wcB

Or maybe a small piece of Chrome Vinyl wrap to cover it up.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mirror-Chrome-Vinyl-Car-Wrap-Air-Bubble-Free-Various-Size-Colours/192628254787?var=492767742870&hash=item2cd989e843:g:aeYAAOSwhKRbdGOg

But if you wish to restore the finish permanently then I would say you would need to have the whole rim re-chromed. It is an Electroplating process and therefore you would probably need the wheel stripped right back to bare metal for the whole process to start again.

Thanks chaps I will probably mask it off and spray as I could probably get a second hand set for the price of getting it re-chromed