The Grand Tour

CraigHew

Season 3 has been pretty dismal thus far until the episode I watched tonight.  They cross Mongolia in an off-roader they first have to build themselves.

It was a fairly good watch, reminiscent of the old Top Gear specials.....

8 hours ago, CraigHew said:

Season 3 has been pretty dismal thus far until the episode I watched tonight.  They cross Mongolia in an off-roader they first have to build themselves.

It was a fairly good watch, reminiscent of the old Top Gear specials.....

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Seasson 3 has been the best imo. Shame it's to be the last one.

1 hour ago, Gerry H said:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Must admit, as much as I've enjoyed the previous series, this one has been head and shoulders better to me.

Just shows how different we l are!

I like them all as well,  the Cringeworthy jokes are an acquired taste best enjoyed by us older, sorry senior guys. 

Its coming to the point where there is not a lot more original ideas to make a feature of.  

Is this tweet wrong then?

Can we just be clear on this. The Grand Tour goes on. Amazon has commissioned another series of nothing but road trip specials.

— Jeremy Clarkson (@JeremyClarkson) 14 December 2018

Have heard speculation one way and the other, not seen that tweet quoted before though.

All I know for sure, is that the original commission of three series is now over, leaving all parties free to come to whatever fresh agreements they want, or don’t want to do.

I think age and the work load involved in the scale of the TGT have take their toll on Clarkson and May in particular, but even Hammond to a lesser extent.

It wouldn’t surprise me, having given the massive three year two fingers to the Beeb, I’d they decided to either scale right back, or do something completely different with less “away time” and no constant travelling for long periods. I guess a set of road trips would fit in with that.

I’ll miss the “studio” bits, when they were good, they were really , really good, over the years, but at their worst they were dire, too, so I can see that part of things being either canned or reduced massively further.

I hope they do still keep making programs as a team, (Andy Wilman included)

12 hours ago, Gerry H said:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

There is a season 4 and 5. Was confirmed in an interview with Hammond last week. The format is changing and I think the tent is changing

well if the aim is to do more "specials" then it has my vote. The tent bits are normally dull and although looking at the latest gazillion pound hypercar is nice, its not real world stuff to most people.

I can't ever imagine not watching it, but I've got all the recent Top Gear episodes recorded too and haven't managed to watch them yet.

I heard they were getting rid of the tent, no audience, & just doing trips mainly with another 2 seasons confirmed.

But yeah, season 3 and they are now starting to get back to form imo.

Well just watched the final series 3 episode. They certainly saved the best till last. 

Funeral for a Ford.

So good I've gone online and downloaded it to re-watch in future....

So as Clarkson said through the tears: no more tent but lots of specials......

The Grand Tour is dead, long live the Grand Tour................

• Like 2

Not watched any of the series,was bored of Top Gear so not a sniff I was going to pay £80 for Amazon Prime!???