Is there a market for used clamshells

Kevin Pullen

Don’t want to start a which is better thread

Reason for asking I’ve gone down the cycle wing route and have 2 in the garage, but currently have a skip on the drive that’s going tomorrow with a little but of room in it

What colour? Any cracks, chips, spiders? Is there a difference between narrow and wide body clam shells?

Always a market for proper wings :p but a lot depends on condition and getting them transported around the country ( first weekend in May I’m travelling from n/e Scotland to Heathrow and back, now if they’re white.....)

sorry, no they are the same wether on a narrow or wide body , if painting I use etch primer and 2 pack paint and then rubberised stone chip underneath 

Sledge for a child in the winter?:t-up:

Or a better job for them,use them to knock people about that still have them fitted to their cars!:ph34r:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, CosKev said:

Sledge for a child in the winter?:t-up:

Or a better job for them,use them to knock people about that still have them fitted to their cars!:ph34r:

Now that’s just plain nasty I traveled the length of the country to pick mine up from Geoffrey and love them to bits

• Haha 2

They are BRG in used condition a few marks not trying to sell gauging if it’s worth it

• Like 1

Maybe, especially if you have the wing support stays as well as the clamshells and someone is considering a set for a project car.

Gary

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, GaryH said:

Maybe, especially if you have the wing support stays as well as the clamshells and someone is considering a set for a project car.

Gary

Thanks Gary want to give us a clue on a price with tarnished chrome stays

• Like 1

They are no longer available from Westfield (except in white) so there's definitely going to be a growing market for them, especially if the fibre glass isn't cracked / good condition.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/04/2019 at 13:06, ci_newman said:

They are no longer available from Westfield (except in white) so there's definitely going to be a growing market for them, especially if the fibre glass isn't cracked / good condition.

Westfield are only doing the standard body in white now and doubled the price of it. They do them white because white hides a lot of sins. Seems to me Westfield are dropping the low sales items and looking a profit figures.