2002 Westfield SEIW with c20xe 185bhp

rmaurer

I am selling my well loved Westfield due to lack of time to spend on the car (kids!). This is a well spec’d car with only 7.5k miles that is perfect for both road and track use and is a good base for further development. I have owned the car for >4 years, the previous owner was griffith500user on wscc.co.uk . Spec is as follows:

Drivetrain
Vauxhall 2.0 redtop c20xe engine, ex Formula Vauxhall Lotus, blueprinted by Swindon Race Engines (standard cams, ARP rod bolts)
Formula Vauxhall Lotus dry sump setup
Omex throttle bodies, fuel injected with swirl pot setup
Omex 600 series ECU fully setup and mapped by Northampton Motorsport producing 185bhp
Both Pipercross air filter and Reverie carbon air box provided for noisier / quieter induction options
Simpsons bonnet exit exhaust with 2x silencers:
-          2.75” noisier made 100db static at ¾ max revs when last checked at Bedford Autodrome
-          2” quieter made 94db static at ¾ max revs when last checked at Bedford Autodrome
Turbosport lightweight flywheel and Helix uprated clutch and cover
Type 9 gearbox stripped/inspected and confirmed all good by Northampton Motorsport 4k miles ago
Sierra 3.62 LSD
Belts (cambelt, dry sump pump) and new water pump fitted by Northampton Motorsport – Feb 2018

Chassis
Siltech front widetrack +35mm with front and rear ARBs installed and setup (full alignment) by Northampton Motorsport - Feb 2018
Protech shocks and springs all round
Front Wilwood Dynalite calipers with Mintex 1144s and rear Sierra disk brake setup with braided hoses all round
Alloy front hubs and new wheel bearings fitted – Feb 2018
Team Dynamics 13” lightweight wheels with Avon ZZS tyres front and rear with 3k miles on
Coolex 55mm radiator and lower temp thermostat
Rally Design 2.4 quick rack

Bodywork
Originally green but now painted in Audi Sprint Blue by the previous owner. There is a minor crack on the nose cone and another behind the exhaust manifold if you look carefully but I have never felt these need sorting as they have not got any worse.

Additional Items:
Magneti Marelli Lithium Ion MM-ION-14 battery and charger fitted – April 2018
GRP seats with carbon headrests and Titon 4 point harnesses
Softbits half hood
Side doors and clear wind deflectors (pictured) both provided
Carbon aeroscreen also provided

MOT just passed with no advisories, expires 4/4/2020

Here is the original advert so you can see the ongoing development I and Northampton Motorsport have made to the car (fuel injection, throttle bodies, brakes, wide track etc):
http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/112303-2002-xe-powered-seiw-very-nicely-finished-car/

Price: £10,995 
Email: ross_maurer@yahoo.co.uk

Please get in contact if you are interested or want any additional information. I am based in Harpenden, Herts. Photos to follow...

Here are some photos, I always get lots of compliments about the colour and looks:

Westfield_1.jpg

Westfield_2.jpg

Westfield_3.jpg

Westfield_4.jpg

Westfield_5.jpg

Westfield_6.jpg

• Like 1

And a couple more photos showing the aeroscreen fitted, dash etc and also the Reverie carbon airbox to reduce induction noise (easily swappable with the standard Pipercross filter):

Aeroscreen.jpg

Airbox.jpg

PM Sent. :). Looooong PM

Lovely car,

That carbon ram air feed looks great.  Any ideas where i could get one?

Thanks

24 minutes ago, NickBW said:

Lovely car,

That carbon ram air feed looks great.  Any ideas where i could get one?

Thanks

Thanks, the carbon air box really helped with reducing the induction noise for quieter tracks (e.g. Bedford). I bought it directly from Reverie, not cheap but a quality item:

https://www.reverie.ltd.uk/reverie-zolder-150d-carbon-air-box-rh-1275mm-inlet-px600/R01SE0591

Open throttle bodies do sound amazing though!

very very very nice. 

Not sure if these cab be installed on a blacktop zetec throttle bodies...

I have just taken a deposit on the car so this is provisionally sold. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NickBW said:

very very very nice. 

Not sure if these cab be installed on a blacktop zetec throttle bodies...

Depends on your induction setup. Reverie do versions to match the ITG JC50 and Pipercross PX600 back plates:

https://www.reverie.ltd.uk/product_list.php?s=reverie-zolder-150d-air-box-4-cyl&group=A_AIRB&subgroup=A_AIRB_Z15

Or they do their own backplates as well. When you add up the cost of a carbon back plate, the carbon air box and also the insertable air filter it all gets fairly scary £££... It was the easiest method I could find for a hot swappable solution though as I already had the Pipercross PX600 plate. I seem to remember a 10% discount offer as well when I purchased which helped...

• Thanks 1

Hi Ross, just seen the advert! I can certainly vouch for the car being a real head turner and glad to see you have continued to develop it into what it is today.

I’ve been busy replacing the cooking Silvertop Zetec in my latest Westfield for a somewhat breathed on ST170 blacktop Zetec on ITBs. First run out planned for this weekend coming. Can’t wait to be out on the road once again.

New owner won’t be disappointed!

On 01/04/2019 at 20:03, griffith500user said:

Hi Ross, just seen the advert! I can certainly vouch for the car being a real head turner and glad to see you have continued to develop it into what it is today.

I’ve been busy replacing the cooking Silvertop Zetec in my latest Westfield for a somewhat breathed on ST170 blacktop Zetec on ITBs. First run out planned for this weekend coming. Can’t wait to be out on the road once again.

New owner won’t be disappointed!

Thanks Dom! Good to hear you are still enjoying your projects :)

9 hours ago, rmaurer said:

Thanks Dom! Good to hear you are still enjoying your projects :)

Yes, certainly am. First run in this coming up this weekend. New modified ST170 engine converted to ITBs and Emerald K3.

5715DE50-B8F2-4BCE-B131-FE844E410467.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

A sad day for me but glad it has gone to a good home via the forum.

Thanks to Maurici for a smooth sale!

930289999_Photo_20-04-2019_11_57_16.thumb.jpg.47249b902a13103c129b56261f140405.jpg

482691030_Photo_20-04-2019_11_52_38.thumb.jpg.a75a854d306ab2d9d623113bbb83210f.jpg.

• Like 3

Thanks to you ross. Is been an absolute pleasure dealing with you, and many thanks again four your help sorting all the gremnlies jumping the car in a brand new trailer for us.

Hope you enjoy that amazing 4 seater you shown us, and your are back to the lightwight world as soon as you realize that blasting with the kids and the wife in the car is over-rated! :)

Cheers Mate!

Now stored in Crewe, that apparently is the spanish importing central.

57456818_10158003321823357_5328668759102062592_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.