Issues with bodywork completed...what to do.

SXRORY

At the tail end of last week my friend who runs a bodyshop did some work for me.

I supplied a scoop to be fitted to my bonnet. He said was confident in what he was doing, getting good colour match etc.  I supplied the part bought from ebay.

I was able to get the car last night. What I have been left with is effectively a ruined bonnet. Poor colour match poorly bonded and blended scoop. I'm So dissapointed.

I think he could tell I was not best pleased.  

Really struggling with what to do about it? Should of just left it as is. 

Can you give him the option to put it right or pay to have it put right.

I suppose......don't think I want to go back. He said he'd worked with fibreglass before... it don't look like it. I honestly think it new bonnet 

Hi,

Andy Westgate at Westgate Composites (westgatecomposites.com) is at Chieveley, not far up the M4 from you near Junction 13.  His website shows repair work carried out on a few fibreglass cars and he appears regularly in Complete Kit Car magazine - charting the progress of the modifications on his Marlin.  He did a pukka repair to a hole worn through the bottom of the front air dam of my Renault Clio V6 eighteen months ago at a very reasonable cost.  Westfield Parts Department will supply you with pots of the correct coloured gelcoat.  Speak to Andy - all may not be lost!

Simon

• Like 1

Any pictures? Might help your case to garner opinions from the club. 

I don’t know how it works with bodyshop’s, particularly, but if you’re happy to just walk away, (and possibly preserve a friendship), then you can follow what ever direction you want to remedy the situation, but obviously, at your cost. If however you want him to “contribute”, then normally, you have to give the person that did the work fair notice that you consider it substandard, and a reasonable opportunity to put it right. It’s only if that fails, or I guess if the workmanship is so poor it shows no possible chance of success that going elsewhere and expecting them to contribute to the cost comes into it.

Its all really difficult to say without seeing the before and after results, and hearing the conversations that took place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Doh, posted at the same time.

Hes used too much fixing, you can see he’s just ladled it on!

• Haha 2

Sorry gang it is the first after all :yes::rolleyes:

Thanks for the genuine concern though! Crisis ofer

• Haha 1

It's certainly on the right way. Turn it round and it would act like a parachute and slow you down... :getmecoat:

• Like 1