westfield brake discs

The Cheese

just been on westfield parts shop to get some new front brake discs £27 plus vat each which I suppose is expensive  ,so I go to pay for them to be sure of getting the right ones and not trying to find out where to get them elsewhere and the postage was £65 apparently they weigh 40kgs HELLO WHOS WEIGHING THEM

come on westfield surely if you sort things like that out you would sell more !!

Westfield are aware of issues with the carriage on the Parts Web Shop; there are anomalies that for various reasons are a bit harder to sort than just tweaking a setting. They are looking in to it behind the scenes I believe, but it's not just a quick/simple fix.

If in doubt, just phone the order through, then you'll get the right rate. They know it's not ideal, but it does seem to be a common issue, I know Caterham, infamously have a similar problem.

Or, of course, you could just buy local, as Martyn said.

• Thanks 1

As Dave says, this has been an issue for some time, at least over a year. 

I wanted a set of Protech shocks, they came in at 20+ kilos and £45. I phoned up instead and got it adjusted.

Not we convenient as an online order, but may be worth it if there's a deal on, as there was in my case.

• Like 1

This is an issue I'm aware of and mentioned upon me starting with the company. Myself and management are looking for a resolution to the issue.

I've tried back end to fix it however unfortunately it isn't a quick fix. The postage is calculated on each individuals items volumetric weight, similar process used by air freight companies. We have requested help to resolve this issue. once we have a fix it will be implemented. I do not have a confirmed date.

In the meantime, please call or email. If something is wrong myself or a colleague can manually override and amend.

Regards

Patrick

• Like 2