Donington Park 19th April

Scotty72

Booked onto Donington April 19th with Javelin (Discount code is working)

@LukeW has also booked

Anyone else interested?

• Like 1

I’m interested in this but probably the evening session.

Might see you during the handover :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hope you have a great day.

unfortunately I left it too late to book for the evening session and it is fully booked :(

If I have some time I will try and pop over during the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Well you certainly had weather. :sun:

Sure did :d

What a great day with @LukeW, event was sold out but circuit wasn't too busy and had some good clear runs and no car issues. Apart from a couple of drivers who obviously had no rear mirrors and two citroen C1's (one of which ended up rolling in the gravel) etiquette was very good and only two red flags all day!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

During my short trip to Donington on Monday I had the pleasure of two C1's as well. I'm all for every type of car and driver being on track but **** me some people need to learn how to look in the rear mirror regardless of how quick/slow they are going!

• Like 1

There appears to be more and more C1s and Ford Ka's appearing at trackdays lately due to the race series they compete in. Everyone's entitled to go at their own pace of course, but even a really well driven Ka is not a fast machine. They can disrupt the flow somewhat.. :oops:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TBF, I’ve seen slower Westfields. :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Andrew said:

There appears to be more and more C1s and Ford Ka's appearing at trackdays lately due to the race series they compete in. Everyone's entitled to go at their own pace of course, but even a really well driven Ka is not a fast machine. They can disrupt the flow somewhat.. :oops:

It was quite entertaining when following one into a bend watching the 100mm wide tyres flexing under the strain. We did have the pleasure of sharing the track with a McLaren 600LT which I timed from the pit wall at around 1min 20secs per lap!

• Haha 1

They do seem to live life on the edge through every corner!

1:20? He must’ve been taking it easy! I go quicker in my M3 :d

• Haha 1