Clan McWesty dates for your diary

Gary Taylor

Hello everyone ,
I would like to thank all who were able to make last sundays lunch and discussion, and to those who couldn't I hope to catch up through the year ahead.
Again I started off with a discussion about having a joint area organiser based in the south / central belt area to co-ordinate runs and take a few pictures and notes as we go along. The main reason is that we have a huge geographical area and one person can't do our area membership justice, so if anyone fancies a chat about it drop me a line.

the dates that were agreed on were as follows;
12th May - Killin , I'm away on holiday so we are looking for someone to take the lead on this one

24th May - 9th June Switzerland (norway next year)

9th June lead hills / central; Brad and Diane agreed to put this one together as they know the area

21st/23rd June Strathfillan wigwams; this is our annual weekend away and some have already booked up, I would advise that if your coming to book up asap as

7th July  Fort Augustus, a loop  over the hills around Tomatin, Culloden, Dulnain bridge (lunch at Muckrach lodge) then up the cairngorms

14th July Glenshee, we will be coming down and hopefully some can come up north and we can have lunch and a few miles together before we head on our respective routes home

26th/28th July silverstone classic, a great weekend of classic racing, entertainment and the club will have a show area there 

4th August Ballater, after assembling the cars ( clubs and classics) parade through Ballater, then a road run before heading back to Ballater show park, many thanks to Alastair for helping with this one

18th August Eyemouth fish and chips

18th August Ullapool fish and chips 

24th August MYSTERY NAVIGATION RUN, a great new event which will hopefully attract members from a few different areas aswelll, we will be staying the night so why not come and make a weekend out of it?

1st September Bo'Ness revival this year celebrating Jim Clark so entries need to be in by June/ July

8th September Knockhill circuit  the wscc speed series will be in Scotland so we could go and lend our support "a day at the races"

I will send out more details / put on the forum as we go forward, and hope to see as many of you as possible both old and new at these events / runs.
If anyone wants more details on any of these dates, or on whats involved as a joint A/O, drop me a line or give me a call 07715554020
If anyone wants to do an impromptu run, April and May are bare at present (i need to finish the upgrades)  then feel free to let me know and I can pop a circular out , you never know you might get a bit of company. And don't be shy of sending me any photos of your runs, tinkering, shows or indeed anything westy  related

Regards Gary

• Like 1

Typo, Gary - Mystery Run is 24th August (Saturday), not 28th Tuesday!:p

2 hours ago, BigSkyBrad said:

Typo, Gary - Mystery Run is 24th August (Saturday), not 28th Tuesday!:p

Thanks duly edited glad someone is awake

• 2 weeks later...

I received delievery of mine on Sunday - so I'm looking forward to getting along to the next meet-up Glasgow(ish) way.

Is there anyone else down 'South' who fancies a run in the meantime?

Edited by AlexSB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexSB said:

I received delievery of mine on Sunday - so I'm looking forward to getting along to the next meet-up Glasgow(ish) way.

Is there anyone else down 'South' who fancies a run in the meantime?

I don’t see any pictures yet :d

7 hours ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

I don’t see any pictures yet :d

:D

Here's the chap. 

Arrived with a dead battery, so today was my first quick run around the block. 

DSC_1236.JPG

DSC_1198.JPG

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Is Killing happening this Sunday?

I've ordered my brake parts, and if they turn up in time I'll fit them Saturday for the next day.

5 hours ago, BigSkyBrad said:

Is Killing happening this Sunday?

By'Eck!!!

I'm in Killin now! Best beer is at the Coach House 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

😂

'Killing'!!! - damn predictive text!

Hi Brad,  I'm ok for the Killin run ....

Where / Time do you want to meet?

• Like 1