Thrustyjust Meets .................#4

Thrustyjust

Today I interrogated another worthy member of the club. Some bits may have got lost in translation, but I will try my best to get it written up for Sunday evening. Can you guess who it was ? May have a grumble about the 'Grockles' heading through his county :d 

10 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Today I interrogated another worthy member of the club. Some bits may have got lost in translation, but I will try my best to get it written up for Sunday evening. Can you guess who it was ? May have a grumble about the 'Grockles' heading through his county :d 

@Martin Rice (Sparkymart) - Cornwall AO?

It’s nearly Grockle time again! It can only be the one and only @AdgeC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John (Kernow) said:

It’s nearly Grockle time again! It can only be the one and only @AdgeC

We have a winner !! Roll on tonight . I have the final 'answer' , so just need the time to translate and type :d

32 minutes ago, pistonbroke said:

Pistonbroke - I was just very late to the debate.....

So, as a few of you have already guess, I had the pleasure to interrogate none other that Adge C . Was great to have an afternoon with him and the South Western guys and girls at Castle Coombe supporting our sprint guys in their groups and other club members in the Mini. 

Obviously after he was asking who the next candidate could be last week after Tim's write up, amazingly Adge received the PM to say he was next :d. ' Who would have guessed that !' was his reply. Now, I don't want to ask the same old questions 'all' the time, so , apart from car related ones, I did throw a couple of side tracking ones .

So if you do wish to meet me for question time , then be aware that not all the questions are the same. Remember Stoneleigh is not far away , so you could be called upon . You can tell me to sod off, that's not a problem ;)

So, without any more waffling from me, I took to Google Somerset Translation , to assist me in working out what was being said to me.

So, Adge , you know the score !  ................... Er............. Ok, 

So, Adge, what is your name ? 

It is actually Alan Francis Cutler . The nickname Adge has been a long standing name from many years ago 

Any other names ?

Yes, from my interview from Complete Kit Car, I had a name change to Martin. Chap was a bit of a wally ( Lets hope all interviewers aren't considered this ? )

Age ?

I am 67 years young

Occupation ?

I am happily retired . I used to be a nuclear powerstation engineer .

Any links to the Worzels ? 

Only by nick name as that was the lead singers name . ( Glad it wasnt the original lead singer, as he would have been re-incarnated as died in a crash many years ago)

Why build a Westfield?

Always been into cars from an early age. Used to have a Morris 8 and drove it round the orchard. Spent a lot of my time tinkering with cars and the usual family and married life took precedence. Used to enjoy road rallying and bought a motor home and toured Europe in 2014. That year also went to Goodwood and went to the Westfield stand and looked at the cars. Practicality at that point wasnt there , so bought an MX5 . Then a family bereavement meant we didn't need the MX 5 , so that was sold and went to the factory after the financial controller gave the nod and bought the ST250 kit. 

Was the build done in the time frame you had hoped ?

It was far quicker that I had planned. I set my sights on 18 months to 2 years, but the reality was it was done in 9 months.

What was the most awkward part of the build ?

Definitely the scuttle and wipers. Took so much time to get them to line up and fit properly. Must admit that without the help of many Westfield builders on the forum , especially Steve for the ST bits , I would have been much further behind with solving issues . So, the forum is fantastic for helping builders with questions needing answers quickly.

Anything you built, you wish you did different ?

Trying to sort this rattle out I have. I believe I may have made the steering column mouse hole or pedal box too tight to the scuttle as the diagnosis I need to resolve.

Was the IVA test as daunting as people make it sound ?

No, not at all. It was a really nerve wracking experience , not just the day but leading up to it. But the test was good. I had the support of the local guys, who spent a Saturday evening going through the car , to check it before I went for the test, which was fantastic. 

Anything you want to change on the car ?

I have just changed the tyres and hope they work better for me and the car , so thats about all at the moment.

How long have you been in the club ?

2016 I joined just when I bought the kit

What came first the car or the club ?

I joined the club before the car was made and can definitely say its well worth being a member here. 

Carbon Fibre ?

Yes, I have cycle wings , rear diffuser, wing mirror covers and Mick Made chassis rail protectors, which I covered in clear film as look so good , I dont want to mark them !

What do you use the car for mainly ?

We love just going out as a retired couple and enjoying nice drives when we want to. We have runs out with the Dorset group too . Also went to Classic Le Mans and France for a week last year.

Anything planned this year ?

Stoneleigh , of course ! , Isle of Man for a holiday, Devon run , trip to Tring and Bletchley Park and Classic Kitcar show in November , so far.

Can you explain what a Grockle is ?

Its a ( probably be bleeped) holiday maker passing through Somerset.

Have you used all the wood in the garage as yet or is it still a big pile ?

Slowly its going down, but then I go shopping and think, that's a nice piece of wood and buy it, so I keep finding more !

Is retirement all its cracked up to be ?

Oh yes ! and some. I love having this time to myself and playing cars and playing wood :suspect:. Its great.

Name a celebrity who you would allow a pax seat for a ride in the Westie ?

Oh, well , I can't really have a conversation with the person , so need someone pleasing to the eye, so I would say Susan George from the 70's 

Now, i had to google her and in way of Adge's car being black and white, so is the picture of the lady in question. 

631659181_susangeorge7868956436.jpg.ca3dbeeef11d239f0fd488a5e199b709.jpg

Still alive and a bit more wrinkly, but he did mention 'In the 70's'

So, after spending a very pleasant afternoon in the company of Adge and the south west crew, the latest wife and myself had to head off home. Was fab to chat to you Adge and catch up at Stoneleigh in May.

Adge.thumb.jpg.c435e97decdc666e85dfc085b60abfc4.jpg

• Like 9

@Thrustyjust Good to see you yesterday TJ, was an enjoyable day at Castle Combe. Enjoyed the "interview", had a good laugh, your translation is pretty close in places!

Think this series works well, I enjoy reading your interviews, trust others do as well. Keep up the good work, see you at Stoneleigh.

To others (anybody?) reading this, if TJ asks you to be a victim, pleas help him and say yes, sure you'll enjoy it. He needs victims to keep this going :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for saying yes Adge. You knew you were on the list a while back and seemed a great opportunity to make this happen. We both enjoyed the day yesterday with 'normal' people as Mrs TJ put it. :suspect:. Blimey, I must have had some real odd ball car club people in other clubs if thats the case :d. But cast that aside, was just great to find a little one to one , for all other members to read about too.