New member with handbrake problem.

Chris Marshall

Hi everyone, I have just taken my 2014 Westie for an M.O.T and the tester has pulled the handbrake cable loose. He has no idea how to get at it with out dropping the axle - there has to an easier way! I would be really grateful if anyone could advise me on this. Failing that can anyone recommend a garage in Somerset, please. I've  booked my 1st track day at Castle Combe on the 1st April and hope to get there! Many thanks for your help Chris

You usually need access to the tunnel through the top for front part and boot box out for rear. 

Removing axle is just daft!

depends on interior trim as to ease of access, post a pic of the tunnel top. 

Hi Chris, thanks for your help.  I have passed the information on to the garage, I hope they take note! I definitely won't be using them again. The car is still at the garage so unable to send you a photo. Once again many thanks , Chris

Personally I’d avoid using a garage that has no experience if kit cars. You’d be better off getting it back and then we can talk you through it. 

Thanks everyone for your help, I now have the car back and fixed. I will definitely give Mark at Misterton garage a call.