N YORKS. RIVEAULX ABBEY AND INTO THE MOORS. SATURDAY 23RD MARCH

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

On Saturday 23rd march, I am going to visit Riveaulx Abbey and also call into to the flying club house at Sutton Bank for a coffee.

PLEASE NOTE: I will be calling into the Abbey ruins to have a look round.

I will then be going over the moors to Rosedale Abbey, Levisham before making my way home.

Anyone care to join me.

Riveaulx.png

I was just going to message you to see if you were going out this weekend. What time are you setting off and where shall I meet you.

Hi Dave. 

I will send you a message through messenger as a group message.

Looks a good run out but just a few weeks early for me.

Car is Sornd  to April.

Catch up soon.

Michael

• Thanks 1

What a great day today.

Met Dave at 8.00am and then headed to Bridlington for breakfast to meet Malcom and Di.

What a difference to Malc and Di's car with the new wheels, seats and refurbished interior. The car really looked well.

We then headed over to Sutton bank gliding club.

We managed to travel for 90 minutes on country lanes and single track roads and it was brilliant.

We even encountered a large group of cyclists shouting obscenities at us. They wanted to own all the road. Good job all cyclists are not like them.

At the gliding club we where looked after so well.

We where allowed to drive onto the airfield for a photo shoot with the gliders and the cars certainly caused some excitement.

The technology in the gliders is amazing even though the wings had electricians tape wrapped around theme where assured they where safe.

We where also invited to attend a flying display show by one of the organisers who was at the airfield.

Brilliant cafe in the clubhouse with coffee at 50 pence a cup.

We then headed over to Riveaulx Abbey to meet Mark.

Riveaulx Abbey just totally blew me away and its a place I am going to revise for a couple of hours to have a proper mooch around.

I have shown one tiny part of it only in the pictures.

Mark joined us for a while in his new car he has just built and it looks really smart.

It was here that di wanted me to pose sexily on buttercups bonnet but she was concerned that I would crush the car....wonder what she meant by that?

Next stop was Hutton Le Hole for food and there where quite a few classic cars cruising through the village including a three wheel Morgan who must have been lost as all he did was go backwards and forwards through the village.

Last stop was Lewisham which is a beautiful station on the NYM railway. 

Today has been a brilliant day with even better company. Thankyou everyone for joining in.

IMG_4970.jpeg

IMG_5070.jpg

IMG_5058.jpg

IMG_5042.jpeg

IMG_5028.jpg

IMG_5011.jpg

IMG_4999.jpeg

IMG_4983.jpeg

IMG_4986.jpeg

IMG_4988.jpg

IMG_4979.jpg

IMG_6477.JPG