Pembrey regs and entry form - June 1st / 2nd

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SimonRad said:

Just booked for the weekend. Anybody else going? 

Im going. There's usually a good turnout of Westies

Yes, Ben and I will be there....

changes this year include, only one practice, and on the sat we will be on the full circuit, but on Sunday it’s the shortened club circuit... heaven knows how target times for the various championships will be calculated 

so what exactly is the shortened club circuit???

I suspect you turn sharp right just after the pits, rather than going right down to the bottom of the pits straight.

If you look up Pembrey Race Circuit on Google maps you can see what I mean.

From what I’ve deducted, then that is correct, sharp right after pits... and on the second lap also...

last year on the sunday we only only got one practice as the Saturday overrun... so I guess that with the msa rule change ( min one practice run) then they are trying to keep the same entry numbers but compress the run time to the B championship runners to keep the event on total time....

just my thoughts...

but as I said earlier all championships that depend on target times are cocked up for the Sunday...

The regulations state that both days will run the same 2.4 mile layout. Therefore I would assume that both days are still running the traditional track layout.

2019-04-19 09_12_05-Supplementary_Regulations_Summer_Sprint_Weekend_1_2-06-2019_FINAL.pdf - Adobe Ac.png

Charlotte

Have a look at the Regs section 6 last paragraph which contradicts section 1

Perhaps some clarification is required then? I believe all the championships I am entered in state the same target time for both days...

i have already checked with the organisation team (Rob Parsons) .. his reply was ...

For yourself and Ben you will be using the National circuit on the Saturday and you will be using the Club circuit on the Sunday

we running in the MSC championship - which is a National "B" championship... so its the club circuit on the sunday...

They ran that way a couple of years ago and everyone complained, which was why they had gone back to running the old layout both days. Clearly the new organising team are giving it another go.

The clubmans circuit is the same as the national circuit, except for using the new twistier section just after the crossing, which was added a couple of years ago.

1589097554_2019-04-1910_44_23-https___barc_blob_core.windows.net_pembrey_pembrey-clubmans-circ-9acqn.pdf-Int.png.cafba17d501e3fe9a7de8b82a3d12ba4.png

There has been some discussion with the BSC competitors about layout as well. So my current understanding is that the organising club will be considering exactly which layout they are going to run on each day and then be making an announcement to all competitors about it. But everyone will be running the same circuit that day. Personally I love the old paddock bend and seeing if you can keep it flat all the way round :d :d

• Like 1