SOLD - Caterham Luggage Rack, (mounts on spare wheel)

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Right, a few pics etc as some parts are now off.

Caterham Luggage rack, with strap. New these are £90 from Caterham, plus strap. These are frequently out of stock, I had to wait over a year on back order at Caterham, for this one! And even then, I had to make the proper strap for it, as they have still not had any more made, over two years from first ordering!

image.jpg

image.jpg

The rack hooks over the spare wheel carrier on a traditional bodywork car, and the strap is used to fasten the top edge to the top of the spare wheel, though obviously you could customize to suit! As I was paranoid about it bouncing loose, (it never did), I added a hole through the bottom of each leg, that you could clip an R-Clip through, to lock it on to the spare wheel carrier. I also covered the same lower leg sections in heat shrink so that they would damage the carriers powder coat.

This is under twelve months old. £50 with strap, as you see above.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

And so you can see it in use!

Folded up, when not needed, it can stay on the car!

E893E06B-D340-467C-A13F-FBB2087BFCDD.jpeg

The shelf then just flips down when you need the storage..,

E14C9899-C50C-4B64-AB36-A96D6A60F0B9.jpeg

Allowing you to load up with vital essentials, the trusty beer fridge!

BAB22BC3-B1CC-435F-9CF3-5FB19995CA09.jpeg

(And Yes, I did run an electrical connection to the back of the car so I could plug it in! ;) )

• Like 3

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.