Castle Combe 23 March

Dave Licence

Reminder for the day out at Castle Combe on 23 March to watch the Speed Series as part of the Bristol Motor Club .

I'm travelling up with @AdgeC and we're planning to get there for 09:30-10:00. We can meet with others travelling up at about 08:00 in Wells if anyone's about? Let us know. We'll be aiming to park at Camp corner parking area alongside Dean Straight - red on the map (entrance from the main entrance on the bend off the main road) and will have a flag up (and be in Westfield's of course!) We'll wait around there for a bit to see if any of you have arrived by then. Otherwise can I suggest we all try to meet outside the Restaurant (aka 'The Tavern Clubhouse') in the paddock at 11:00 for a catch up and to see if we can get a group picture around Simon's car and see if Tom is there in his Mini. Then enjoy the rest of the day in the sun watching the on-track action (it will be sunny)

Castle_Combe_Circuit_Map.jpg.09c945c7da559ec8b5ff2e65e7fb88bc.jpg

Dave

1 minute ago, Thrustyjust said:

Dave, so we come in the main parking entrance and head round Quarry and keep going round ?

Hi Thrustyjust. The perimeter road isn't always open the whole way - I usually enter further along the main road at the camp corner entrance - it's where the main road bends. If you approach the circuit from the quarry corner end, keep going past the paddock entrance and turn left at the corner then enter the circuit and continue around to the parking.

2 minutes ago, HappyDave said:

Hi Thrustyjust. The perimeter road isn't always open the whole way - I usually enter further along the main road at the camp corner entrance - it's where the main road bends. If you approach the circuit from the quarry corner end, keep going past the paddock entrance and turn left at the corner then enter the circuit and continue around to the parking.

Didnt know there was another road :d I normally end up at Quarry waiting for carnage :o

I think most people gravitate there for that at some point during the day! Hopefully nothing overly dramatic this time though...

Times confirmed by Simon Jones: practice runs start at 9.00am and lunch will be whenever they complete the 2 x practice runs, probably 12.30ish

Think I have found the other entrance round the back with google , so I go passed the usual entrance , passed a garage, turn left and follow down there.  :t-up:

Lets hope the weather is with us.

@Thrustyjust Looks like it on the "magic map". Will be much closer to paddock (and the bar) than the car park outside Quarry!

Sure it will be glorious sunshine :rolleyes:. Being realistic, I'll settle for dry(ish) anyway ;)

• Like 1

Metcheck is clearing up for Saturday, so thats good . Got to work out if either Mrs TJ or Ms TJ's other half is paxing at the moment . Camp entrance is where we need to arrive . Not sure what time to get there as practice could be a be slow to roll, but thats a guess to be honest.

Think current plan is leave mine at 8.00, google maps says arrive 9.40. Just got to persuade satnag to agree, and not try and take me through Bath!

Good news, Bristol Motor Club are allowing us to park in the paddock in a club area. Westfields only in the paddock please. We’ll be there at 10:00 flying the wscc flags :)

• Thanks 1

Bristol and Bath flag flying too! Aiming for 9:30-9:45 arrival? 

7 hours ago, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

Bristol and Bath flag flying too! Aiming for 9:30-9:45 arrival? 

Yes around then leaving at 9