Should Brexit be consigned to its own channel?

DonPeffers

5 hours ago, Westfield Parts Dept said:

it was a game of chicken which we seemed to have lost.

The game ain't over yet...

• Like 1

Let's just make sure it doesn't turn into a turkey... :oops:

If they moved the endless Brexit "better stock up on bread and milk, the world is going to end!!!!", "won't somebody please think about the poor terrorists who want to bring their babies home" propaganda away from mainstream TV, they'd reduce the effectiveness of said propaganda to approximately zero......... This would be nice, but it'll never happen, just like the Brexit the public democratically voted for (whether I agreed with it or not).

To expand on Lyonspride's theme, perhaps Brexit news will temper the seemly endless hand wringing over the New Zealand shootings. Please, gentle members, do not think for a moment that I am unsympathetic with the plight of the victims and their families because that would not be true, but consider this: any wannabe copycat will be thinking that he/she will achieve endless praise from like-minded extremists by this one act. Daily descriptions of what is happening are oxygen to the attacker's cause. If it were mentioned factually as a news item and then not mentioned further, the extremists will be disappointed that they didn't make more news. These attacks are not about killing individuals but about an atrocity as an act of political warning. If publicity doesn't ensue then the act is futile.

8 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

To expand on Lyonspride's theme, perhaps Brexit news will temper the seemly endless hand wringing over the New Zealand shootings. Please, gentle members, do not think for a moment that I am unsympathetic with the plight of the victims and their families because that would not be true, but consider this: any wannabe copycat will be thinking that he/she will achieve endless praise from like-minded extremists by this one act. Daily descriptions of what is happening are oxygen to the attacker's cause. If it were mentioned factually as a news item and then not mentioned further, the extremists will be disappointed that they didn't make more news. These attacks are not about killing individuals but about an atrocity as an act of political warning. If publicity doesn't ensue then the act is futile.

Don't get me started on New Zealand, I saw the video, I read the 73 page manifesto (before they were censored and removed) and the political spin being put on the whole terrible event is quite frankly shameful and disrespectful to those who died.

Oops! Didn't mean to pick at your sore! :oops: I have to agree though, it is being spun to a ridiculous extent. All of the atrocities of recent times suffer from this over exposure and I worry that the effect is counter productive.

On 23/03/2019 at 07:18, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

Oops! Didn't mean to pick at your sore! :oops: I have to agree though, it is being spun to a ridiculous extent. All of the atrocities of recent times suffer from this over exposure and I worry that the effect is counter productive.

No, they don't, not always, not if they can't spin it, and that's part of why it all annoys me. I'd bet not many people know that on the 27th of January, in the Philippines, a Jihadi walked into a catholic church and blew up 30 people. The man who committed the Christchurch atrocity did and he also knew that the media and establishment buried it, there's a BBC news article if you search, but it was never front page or easily accessible when it happened.