Should Brexit be consigned to its own channel?

DonPeffers

To avoid ruining TV viewing should the never-ending political saga be moved to its own TV channel and not mentioned again on TV outside of that channel?

It appears I have Brexit enduced Tourette’s.    After just a few seconds of watching I can’t help myself....   it starts with are they all Bleeping stupid.    You’d never negotiate a used car buy like that you stupid bleeps.    Have you not realised the UK is the EU’s biggest market you Bleeping bleep bleeps.       I’d not trust you bleeps to run a bleeping bath let alone run a bleeping country...   Corbin just shut the bleep up you are a cun—- bleep.     Sorry I need to go lye down I feel a massive attack coming on!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Not one of the current bunch in the Houses of Parliament are worth getting out of bed to vote for.:angry:

if they couldn't sort this out in two years, how on earth do they think a few weeks extension will help :bangshead:

• Like 2

I have never seen such a bunch as those in Parliament at this moment in time. I remember watching House Of cards on Tv and thinking it was entertaining, but it would appear it was an instruction manual for the MP's to follow. Plots and counter plots, self interest. Labour trying to screw everything so they can force an election and in the process they all forget us the electorate.

Parliament even if you disagreed with who was in power, in the past worked, we have had two years where nothing else has got done, oh except to ban gas boilers in new builds, it is shameful these days.

• Like 3

On 14/03/2019 at 21:09, jeff oakley said:

oh except to ban gas boilers in new builds, it is shameful these days.

Not quite. They've banned (all but) diesel engined cars in London too. Someone with a name very similar to Batman has to buy another car in the next 18 months...

On 14/03/2019 at 19:32, Paul Hurdsfield said:

Not one of the current bunch in the Houses of Parliament are worth getting out of bed to vote for.:angry:

The trouble is if no-one goes out to vote, they'll stay in power. But I've said it before, no matter who you vote for the government always wins...

• Like 2

Voting does not feel like i’m Voting for the one I believe on and think deserves my vote...    more like voting tactically to prevent the one I like least from getting in. ... oh I feel that Tourette’s coming on again...  Corbin you’re a TW*t. 

I say that about trump...  he was less hated than Clinton..  She was very very unpopular. 

If there is a vote, try the underdogs, couldn't make a worse job of it if they tried, my kids would sort this out in half the time, it's never ending, extension will cost us even more money to the EU, can't wait till I'm back in the westy with no radio, just a relaxing engine note and not a care in the world! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DamperMan said:

I say that about trump...  he was less hated than Clinton..  She was very very unpopular. 

Er... she got more votes. It was the electoral college system they use that got Trump in, but less people actually voted for Trump than Clinton.

As for Brexit I'm starting to hear some very daft things from people. For example I have heard an estate agent change a house valuation compared to last year and blame Brexit. "We don't know what interest rates will do" says he, thinking the housing market is going to be affected. Firstly I think we all agree that the economy will slow, whether we have a deal or not, as we bed down UK-PLC version 2. A slow economy means interest rates are likely to stay stable or even drop to keep the economy out of recession. There's no way we're going to see huge growth and enough inflation in order to affect interest rates to the detriment of the short to mid-term housing market. Can someone please explain how me buying a new place down the road affects how much I sell my place for or how much the place down the road costs? What on earth has that got to do with whether we buy "stuff" from Europe or not? I can't help but think there is an angle here for the estate agent in question but I haven't figured it out yet. But I bet there's other crap like this going on in other industries. For example:

I had, in writing from a HUGE supplier of mine who has a warehouse in Holland: "We cannot ship from our Holland warehouse to the UK for the next two weeks due to uncertainty over Brexit". 

Eh? Until the 29th, the rules on trade with Europe are unchanged. Send me my stuff now before the rules do change!!! I do strongly suspect there is something else going on there but what a load male bovine excrement... 

My bigger question here is that people are starting to use Brexit to try to influence every decision being made and whilst I accept that of course there will be effects, I think some of the nonsense out there is cynical advantage taking by people hoping to score something in the short term OR using Brexit to cover other short-comings in their businesses whether they are Brexit affected or not. It's a nice convenient "no-blame" excuse to be able to wheel out. It's a crock...

15 hours ago, Blatman said:

Not quite. They've banned (all but) diesel engined cars in London too. Someone with a name very similar to Batman has to buy another car in the next 18 months...

I will stand corrected but wasn't that TFL and Khan who did that?

17 minutes ago, Blatman said:

My bigger question here is that people are starting to use Brexit to try to influence every decision being made and whilst I accept that of course there will be effects, I think some of the nonsense out there is cynical advantage taking by people hoping to score something in the short term OR using Brexit to cover other short-comings in their businesses whether they are Brexit affected or not. It's a nice convenient "no-blame" excuse to be able to wheel out. It's a crock...

Absolutely but this is all being facilitated by our completely useless government. If the Brexit process had been carried out efficiently and in an organised manner, and, without cross-parties using it as an opportunity to score points instead of putting the country first. Then we wouldn't have given every man and his dog the time and excuse to blame everything from the weather, to house prices and global warming on bl**** Brexit.

And still 12 days to go and no official plans agreed. Its beyond embarrassing to be British just now. Couldn't organise a p*** up in a brewery.

And I generally don't have much opinion on politicians but oh my days what a complete nunney Corbyn is. Any real decent labour leader would have probably been in power by now as the Tories are completely useless, yet still labour manage to make them look reasonably professional.

10 hours ago, jeff oakley said:

I will stand corrected but wasn't that TFL and Khan who did that?

Poetic license on my part, "they" being the government. I am going to see if it wasn't some sort of European thing driven by collective greenhouse gas emissions...

Edited to add:

It is hoped that each Clean Air Zone will contribute to the UK’s compliance with the EU’s clean air directive and will reduce levels of air pollution.

From here:

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/emissions/clean-air-zones/

And to be clear, I support the goal of cleaning up the air in City centres where there is a clear link in air quality and a detrimental effect to humans and I don't see a way of doing it without causing more pain, be if fiscal or political so personal inconvenience aside, I'll let that one rest.

10 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

And still 12 days to go and no official plans agreed.

Actually that's the fun part. I strongly believe that we Brits will keep calm and carry on in the way we always have when it seems the chips are down. I say bring on the no-deal. Lets see how fast our "friends" come running to ask us for a deal when the money actually stops.

Lets turn what looks to be a disadvantage into an advantage...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blatman said:

Actually that's the fun part. I strongly believe that we Brits will keep calm and carry on in the way we always have when it seems the chips are down. I say bring on the no-deal. Lets see how fast our "friends" come running to ask us for a deal when the money actually stops.

Lets turn what looks to be a disadvantage into an advantage...

I do ponder at times if this is all a game of brinkmanship to see who blinks first and it's Mrs may being the smartest of the lot by drawing it out to the end to get what she wants, but then I listen to them all and realise that the government sadly just aren't clever enough for that.

• Like 1

I said as much on another Brexit thread about two weeks ago. She could come out of this as the Queen of political stare-em-out.

Even idiots have flashes of brilliance. I should know...

Wait...

What...?

:down: