Castle Combe 23 March - Local Support

Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO

Hello Speedsters,

Just wondered if any of you competitors are local to the Bristol and Bath area as we are planning to come along for the 23rd March @ Castle Coombe and will always cheer for a local!

Thanks

Chris

The entry list is out and it looks like a very poor turmout from SS competitors - only Simon Jones as far as I can see.

I'm not sure whether any other SS competitors applied but it's really difficult to get a confirmed place.  I applied early with a notification directly from the entry Secretary and got in - last year I did the same and was 11th reserve and didn't run.

25 minutes ago, Simon_Jones said:

I'm not sure whether any other SS competitors applied but it's really difficult to get a confirmed place.  I applied early with a notification directly from the entry Secretary and got in - last year I did the same and was 11th reserve and didn't run.

Well done on making the effort. Hope it goes well for you. Good luck

1 hour ago, Simon_Jones said:

In that case it looks like you'll be getting all the coverage in my first Devon and Somerset AO article and it's shaping up to be a good turnout to cheer you on.

Dave

Will try and get over to bolster the cheer leaders in the Westie if its not chucking it down. I take it we can get in easily ? or just say we are going to Merlins to get some bits :d

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Will try and get over to bolster the cheer leaders in the Westie if its not chucking it down. I take it we can get in easily ? or just say we are going to Merlins to get some bits :d

I spoke to Castle Combe and they said it was free to get in and park and the restaurant should be open. @Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO has been trying to get hold of Bristol Motor Club to see if WSCC members arriving in Westfields could have a club area in the paddock, but no joy yet. I'll put a post up soon to suggest a meet/parking location so we can try to get a couple of good pics and actually know who everyone is!

• Like 1

@Simon_Jones It does look like you are going to be well supported! I will bring the WSCC banner/flag a long and we'll have to try and get a group photo to celebrate your WIn....

@Thrustyjust good to have you on board - I too am kids free so taking full advantage of it?

@Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO are any of your gang coming over?

@AdgeC or @jonjh1964 any of your Dorset gang heading up?

Chris

@Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO Was chatted about at Dorset meet last week, I'm aiming on going, currently others are mainly rebuilding cars, on holiday, or recovering from holiday injuries!

Not a tablet of stone, Thinking of heading  A361 Shepton Mallet, Frome, Trowbridge, A350 Melksham, Chippenham way. Definitely not motorway or through Bath!. Could meet with anybody from Cheddar way in Wells? Any other ideas welcomed.

8 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

@Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO Was chatted about at Dorset meet last week, I'm aiming on going, currently others are mainly rebuilding cars, on holiday, or recovering from holiday injuries!

Not a tablet of stone, Thinking of heading  A361 Shepton Mallet, Frome, Trowbridge, A350 Melksham, Chippenham way. Definitely not motorway or through Bath!. Could meet with anybody from Cheddar way in Wells? Any other ideas welcomed.

That's a nice route and much better than Bath/Motorway! 

Being I live just off the A4 , albeit 52 miles away , will be A4 to Chippenham and then turn right :d 

Even I cant get lost .................

• Haha 1

We'll be there competing fingers crossed, just not in the Westfield.............  Not sure if any others will be there are not.. 

If you wan to get involved and help out on the day, I know they are asking for help on the day, let me know and I'll pass on their details. 

If we can get our Mini through scrutineering, we'll be there all day 

Image may contain: car

2 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Being I live just off the A4 , albeit 52 miles away , will be A4 to Chippenham and then turn right :d 

Even I cant get lost .................

Looking to forward(?) to seeing you again TJ :p Hope the weather's good.

2 hours ago, AdgeC said:

Looking to forward(?) to seeing you again TJ :p Hope the weather's good.

You love it @AdgeC Definately would be good to catch up. Long range on metcheck says it will be a tsunami that day, but they always lie ( crosses fingers !!) 

Hopefully catch up with @Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO too and meet others , but may have the latest wife with me for a run out , so she will be in the bar mostly , ready for the return journey in the Vomit Comet tm :d

• Like 1