Manchester Airport Carparks

stephenh

Last week, Mrs H and I went on a ski-ing holiday. We went via Manchester Airport. Haven't flown from there for several years, but last time I did I was able to park in T1 longstay, open air, and get a courtesy bus ride to the departure terminal in the usual way. 

When we arrived I followed the signs for T1 longstay, until they petered out, so went round a second time, but all it seemed to lead me to was a park marked "staff only". I asked someone at departures drop off, which cost me £3. just for a few seconds (!) and was told the only place to park now was the multistory next to the terminal. 7 1/2 days parking, cost me £320-. Now I know that land around airports is valuable, but that is surely taking the proverbial. And why leave the signs up for T1 long stay to lead to what is now a staff only park? It just adds to the stress and frustration.

Needless to say, I'll be flying from Birmingham in future.

Ouch. Best to book in advance  on t1/3 midstay circa 50 for 5 days and walking distance to terminal 

Wow, that shows the value of booking early, £75 for easter week this April - booked. Any more than £100 and its a taxi job.

We stayed at a local hotel in Hale and that with 15 nights parking was £71, just drove to the airport and parked in any car park

When I’ve flown from Manchester I’ve used the official meet and greet, which had not been bad value, a little more than the long stay, but so straight forward and gets the trip off to a great start. I would not use any old meet and greet though. I now tend to use the same service at Brum as well and have used purple parking meet and greet at Heathrow.

Cost me £60 to park in the multi storey for 7 days over Xmas. Always pre-book - and you can often get discount if you use Looking4Parking

Manchester is bad If you don't pre book. I work for one of the based airlines there and went down in a company van to go work in Belgium for 3 days. That ended up being 14 days and I'd forgotten about the van. I'd pre booked the 3 days but then they tried to charge 400 quid for the rest. Even though was in the same carpark as staff use and it was a liveried van. Went all the way to the top before they backed down on the charge. I did suggest I could just leave the van and get the train home while they squabbled over it!

On the flipside though. In the airparks just off the airport my dad was delayed abroad after suffering a minor stroke. He over ran the parking by a week, I called them and they couldn't have been nicer. They even sent a car to collect him and me when we got him home.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Cost me £60 to park in the multi storey for 7 days over Xmas. Always pre-book - and you can often get discount if you use Looking4Parking

Great if you know, but last time before this that I flew via Manchester it wasn't a problem. And the fact that they still have the signs up to direct you to a non-existent longstay carpark is the final insult. 

Anyway, like I said, once bitten, twice shy. Its the last time I go from Manchester airport. So they won't rob me a second time. 

We fly from Manchester regularly and use the same meet n greet firm (family run business). Actually cheaper than parking in the multi-storey, super reliable, drop off at the terminal doors, pick up at the exit doors.

I think you have to do your homework in advance.

Happy to share the company details by PM if required.

Thanks Craig, but after being ripped off like that I wouldn't fly from Manchester again even if you paid me to. So it is academic. I don't mind paying for a service, but to be ripped off like I was is nothing short of theft in my book.

Totally understand and agree fully, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask....